Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:31 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

Regardless I've never heard of someone getting a Peace Prize for probably not doing something someone else did back when he was a teacher.

Pete
Hey! Maybe I'll get one too. There are tons of things I've probably not done.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LMAO!! Barkeep! Peace Prizes all around!

Pete
Old 08-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Heck even the libs I knew then were embarressed about it.

Regardless I've never heard of someone getting a Peace Prize for probably not doing something someone else did........
And, for that reason, it's the right who should be embarrassed.

John
Old 08-30-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Here's the Nobel Committee's citation. Don't let your head explode, Jay. I read it as a congratulatory note to the United States for heading away from destructive and counterproductive militant unilateralism of the NeoCons. It was, in effect, an award for our country for having the good sense to shitcan Dubya.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges."

So much for the Nobel Committee. I wonder what they thought as he kept some of Bush's policies and rains down indiscriminate death from above by way of drones. The absurdity of the prize was that he had done nothing when he received it other than utter some placating verbiage. I think Bush is far more deserving considering his unwavering help to Africa.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
So much for the Nobel Committee. I wonder what they thought as he kept some of Bush's policies and rains down indiscriminate death from above by way of drones. The absurdity of the prize was that he had done nothing when he received it other than utter some placating verbiage. I think Bush is far more deserving considering his unwavering help to Africa.
C'mon BH, you can't possibly believe that the collateral deaths are anywhere near what dropping all of those bunkerbusters in Bagdad like Bush did . Hell, those fools blew up a civvie bomb shelter in Bagdad with one bomb that killed more than a hundred women and children based on bad intelligence. Has there been anything approaching just that one instance in using the Predator or other drones? Nope.
I'm still racking my brain over the Africa example and coming up empty. Mogadishu?