Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Bob, LOL!

I personally hate green people. And if I see someone running a snowblower with a hoodie on, hoo boy.

Pete
Old 05-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Well noonereal,

Remember: GUNS DON NOT KILL PEOPLE !! PEOPLE THAT WEAR HOODIES AND SHOOT GUNS DO !!

And believe me when I say, anyone wearing a hoody pulled up over his head, is a suspicious character in my book. Nothing racial there at all, unless I am anti hoody
Quick somebody drill that Gorton Fisherman guy full o holes, he's wearing a hoodie. As usual your humor wasn't well expressed, try again.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

If you go down to the hood, you will indeed see that hoods wear hoodies. Watch carefully and you'll see guys walking to a corner, turning it, walking a short distance, turn around, come back to the corner, etc. They're selling drugs.

It covers their face, makes it hard for a positive ID.

When I was younger I wore a hoodie too, and didn't sell drugs. Very often. I didn't have enough to spare!

Pete
Old 05-21-2012, 03:11 PM

I've said my piece...a couple of times.

Chas
Old 05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoodlum

Pete
Old 05-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Loyal Opposition

A very large proportion of high-schoolers, college students and other utes would be subject to suspicion under the hoodie standard. Heck, the schools make a killing selling them (pun intended).

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-21-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
If you go down to the hood, you will indeed see that hoods wear hoodies. Watch carefully and you'll see guys walking to a corner, turning it, walking a short distance, turn around, come back to the corner, etc. They're selling drugs.

It covers their face, makes it hard for a positive ID.

When I was younger I wore a hoodie too, and didn't sell drugs. Very often. I didn't have enough to spare!

Pete
Hey, I wear a hoodie when my hair is wet and it's cold outside. I'll never understand the urban youth's love of clothing that hinders escape from your crimes. A hoodie that obscures your peripheral vision and pants that cause you to trip are not good choices for those committing crimes. I suggest some nice BDUs and hiking boots.

People that wear the so-called "gansta" dress are deliberately trying to look criminal IMHO, thus, making it difficult to differentiate them from actual gangsters. Unfair? Perhaps, but people of all colors will factor in this dress and take appropriate security precautions.

Last edited by bhunter; 05-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Hey, I wear a hoodie when my hair is wet and it's cold outside. I'll never understand the urban youth's love of clothing that hinders escape from your crimes. A hoodie that obscures your peripheral vision and pants that cause you to trip are not good choices for those committing crimes. I suggest some nice BDUs and hiking boots.
LOL.

Hoods on lightweight shirts and even on short sleeve garments are a fashion statement that I don't understand - but then again, I don't understand much about fashion.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Well noonereal,

Remember: GUNS DON NOT KILL PEOPLE !! PEOPLE THAT WEAR HOODIES AND SHOOT GUNS DO !!

And believe me when I say, anyone wearing a hoody pulled up over his head, is a suspicious character in my book. Nothing racial there at all, unless I am anti hoody
You can call me No One.

Personally I buy nothing but hoodies for casual wear.

In the rain I too have them pulled up over my head but I have never been followed by a fat guy with a gun.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I lived in LA and saw the aftermath of the first riots back in the sixties here and it looked like Berlin in 1945. I don't wish that on anyone.
My first real summer job when I was a kid was sweeping up the glass after the riots each day.

I can remember the young bank tellers refusing to work in certain neighborhoods and being fired as a result. (don't know why I threw that in )