Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-21-2023, 07:08 PM

Whell’s World

Old 05-21-2023, 07:19 PM

Since the Bull Durham investigation fizzled, Gym "comb-over" Jordan may try to revive an oldie but a goodie. I guess 6.5M wasn't enough wasted taxpayer money.

ONE... MORE... TIME!

Remind me again, the definition of insanity?
Old 05-21-2023, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Really? 20 so federal agents with automatic weapons drawn are required to arrest one guy who was just defending his kid (and was later acquitted) from an adult who was berating the kid?

In the meantime, your hero AG Garland testifies that he can't find the folks who have been vandalizing pro-life centers because they are doing their vandalizing in the dark?

Sorry, not buying it.
Case solved, a group called "Janes Revenge" is claiming credit.
Considering that these Christian religious zealots have been terrorizing and killing abortion providers, these places should be torched, not just tagged.

Last edited by Rajoo; 05-21-2023 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-21-2023, 08:08 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Sounds like you've got a lot to aspire to. Be patient with yourself. You're already well on your way.

Unlike you, I do not aspire to be an apologist for a raging lunatic and wannabe authoritarian.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Unlike you, I do not aspire to be an apologist for a raging lunatic and wannabe authoritarian.
Nice deflection, but my comments were about how you framed your argument and the words you used. Here's an alternative, which is far more in keeping with the traditions of this country:

Thomas Paine: “He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”
Old 05-22-2023, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Case solved, a group called "Janes Revenge" is claiming credit.
Considering that these Christian religious zealots have been terrorizing and killing abortion providers, these places should be torched, not just tagged.
Ah, I see. You'd like to have your very own Kristallnacht carried out against abortion clinics. You're sounding more like Finn these days.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:35 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Nice deflection, but my comments were about how you framed your argument and the words you used. Here's an alternative, which is far more in keeping with the traditions of this country:

Thomas Paine: “He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”
Your view would have merit if not for the fact that Dear Leader orchestrated an autocoup, attempted to steal an election in Georgia, stole hundreds of our nation's top secrets and respects, admires and even idolizes a murderous war criminal. These behaviors go so far outside of the norm of American politics that the perpetrator and his ideology need to be be eradicated from the body politic just as the KKK and the John Birch Society were eradicated (with the help of the political parties from which they drew their support).

Unfortunately, today's feckless GOP is in Trump's thrall and is unwilling to do their part to save our democracy from Trump's autocratic movement. As a result, Trump is a real threat to destroy the GOP and this country needs two viable political parties that embrace democracy and the laws/institutions of our constitutional republic. The party is simply too gutless to do what it needs to do for its own self-preservation and to protect the country from Trump's fascist impulses.

The fact that you so reliably and reflexively defend Trump in all his undemocratic transgressions reveal your own disdain for our democracy. It's truly shameful and beneath contempt. Indeed using Thomas Paine's words as a vehicle to defend Trumpian autocracy (or any autocracy) is perhaps the stupidest, most ahistorical thing you've posted on this board in years (and that's saying something).

You really shouldn't get your "history" from books like this:

Last edited by finnbow; 05-22-2023 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-22-2023, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The fact that you so reliably and reflexively defend Trump in all his undemocratic transgressions reveal your own disdain for our democracy. It's truly shameful and beneath contempt. Indeed using Thomas Paine's words as a vehicle to defend Trumpian autocracy (or any autocracy) is perhaps the stupidest, most ahistorical thing you've posted on this board in years (and that's saying something).
You keep doing it. You keep stuffing the straw into that same strawman. I can only assume you're doing it because your arguments are so feckless and weak.

You lump justifiable criticism of the FBI, Crossfire Hurricane, and/or the Justice Dept into the "defending Trump" bucket. It's pretty sad to watch, actually.

Maybe the Brits are also your enemies now, since they didn't buy the BS the FBI was peddling either? From Durham's report:

As it relates to predication for opening Crossfire Hurricane as a full investigation, after Strzok and Supervisory Special Agent-I had traveled to London and interviewed the Australian diplomats on August 2, 2016, the following Lyne exchange between UK ALA T-1 and Supervisory Special Agent-I on August 11, 2016 is instructive:

UKALAT-1: Dude, are we telling them [British Intelligence Service-I] everything we know, or is there more to this?
Supervisory Special Agent-1: that's all we have
Supervisory Special Agent-I: not holding anything back
UKALAT-1: Damn that's thin
Supervisory Special Agent-I : I know
Supervisory Special Agent-I: it sucks

UK ALA T-1 went on to tell the Inspection Division that in discussing the matter with a senior British Intelligence Service-I official, the official was openly skeptical, said the FBI's plan for an operation made no sense, and asked UK ALAT-1 why the FBI did not just go to Papadopoulos and ask him what they wanted to know, a sentiment UK ALAT-1 told investigators that he shared.

Later in the Fall of 2016, UK ALAT-1 was at FBI Headquarters with some of his British Intelligence Service-I counterparts. While there, members of the Crossfire Hurricane team played the audio/visual recordings ofCHS-1 's August 20, 2016 meeting with Carter Page. UK ALAT-1 said the effect on the British Intelligence Service-I personnel was not positive because of the lack of any evidence corning out of the conversation.266 UK ALAT-1 told the OIG that after watching the video one of his British colleagues said, "For [expletive] sake, man. You went through a lot of trouble to get him to say nothing." At a later point in time, after the Mueller Special Counsel team was in place, UK ALAT-1 said that "the Brits finally had enough," and in response to a request for some assistance "[a British Intelligence Service-I person] basically said there was no [expletive) way in hell they were going to do it."

Stabbed you right in the back with that one, eh boyo?
Old 05-22-2023, 12:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
You keep doing it. You keep stuffing the straw into that same strawman. I can only assume you're doing it because your arguments are so feckless and weak.

You lump justifiable criticism of the FBI, Crossfire Hurricane, and/or the Justice Dept into the "defending Trump" bucket...
Yeh, sure. You're not defending Trump just like Gym Jordan and James Comer aren't defending him. LOL.

Your long-winded diatribe of a post still does nothing to change the fact that Crossfire Hurricane was properly predicated and the Mueller investigation that followed it resulted in the indictment, conviction or guilty pleas of 34 people and three companies, including top advisers to President Trump, Russian spies and hackers with ties to the Kremlin.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:18 PM

Seems like there's an awful lot of witches around these days.