Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-16-2023, 01:28 PM
Admin

Poor Whell. So dizzy from spinning out. smh
Even Steve Bannon is throwing rocks and turds at this recycled IG nothing burger. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...80b9d34&ei=594

Last edited by bobabode; 05-16-2023 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Swing and a big miss. LOL. Not only wasn't Lindsey Graham the chairman of the committee who investigated and issued the report, he wasn't even on the committee (Senate Select Committee for Intelligence). Richard Burr (R-NC) was the chairman. And yes, they did find that Russia interfered with the 2016 election and that Crossfire Hurricane was properly predicated (as did the DOE-IG).
Wrong again.

Graham chairs the Judiciary Committee which has oversight over the DOJ and the FBI, and it was the Judiciary Committee that investigated Crossfire Hurricane. As far as I know, the Senate Select Committee never issued an opinion on whether the genesis for Crossfire-Hurricane had an adequate basis. That would be for the Judiciary folks to determine, not Intel.

If you're suggesting that the Intel Committee, which doesn't conduct oversight over the Dept of Justice or the FBI, has rendered an opinion on an FBI investigation, please post your source here. I'd like to see it.

I don't know who the DOE-IG is or why there's relevant here, unless you're referring to the DOJ-IG. Yes, Horowitz wrote that "...in light of the low threshold established by Department and FBI predication policy, we found that Crossfire Hurricane was opened for an authorized investigative purpose and with sufficient factual predication." Horowitz then went on to state that everything that happened after the investigation opened was for shit.
Old 05-16-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Poor Whell. So dizzy from spinning out. smh
Even Steve Bannon is throwing rocks and turds at this recycled IG nothing burger. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...80b9d34&ei=594
Now you're quoting from Steve Bannon? Damn, you must be desperate.
Old 05-16-2023, 02:31 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Durham's Investigations Fizzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Wrong again.

Graham chairs the Judiciary Committee which has oversight over the DOJ and the FBI, and it was the Judiciary Committee that investigated Crossfire Hurricane. As far as I know, the Senate Select Committee never issued an opinion on whether the genesis for Crossfire-Hurricane had an adequate basis. That would be for the Judiciary folks to determine, not Intel.

If you're suggesting that the Intel Committee, which doesn't conduct oversight over the Dept of Justice or the FBI, has rendered an opinion on an FBI investigation, please post your source here. I'd like to see it.

I don't know who the DOE-IG is or why there's relevant here, unless you're referring to the DOJ-IG. Yes, Horowitz wrote that "...in light of the low threshold established by Department and FBI predication policy, we found that Crossfire Hurricane was opened for an authorized investigative purpose and with sufficient factual predication." Horowitz then went on to state that everything that happened after the investigation opened was for shit.
The Senate Judiciary Committee does not have jurisdiction nor access to all materials related to FBI Counterintelligence investigations (and Crossfire Hurricane was a counterintelligence investigation), the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence does. Their lengthy and in-depth report is Congress’s authoritative word on this matter, not Graham who himself was involved in Trump election subterfuge in Georgia and has no credibility in any matter involving Trump.

Durham did not expand the DOE-IG findings in any meaningful or concrete way, only offering innuendo for rubes like you stuck within the wingnut news stovepipe. Indeed the only successful prosecution resulted from the IG investigation and none from Durham himself.

I fully understand how MAGAWorld was convinced the Durham would uncover the crime of the century per the Trump promise. All Durham did was torch his own reputation, something that has happened to every attorney willing to carry water for the Lying Dotard.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-16-2023 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Damn, you must be desperate.
Speaking of desperate, was your Dear Leader just found guilty of having forced sexual contact with a woman against her will? Is that OK in your world? Or was that also "fake news"?
Old 05-16-2023, 03:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
Spin lil' top. Spiiinnn. (rolls eyes)
Old 05-16-2023, 03:13 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Bannon was indeed correct that the much-heralded (by wingnuts like you and him) Durham investigation revealed nothing beyond what the DOJ-IG had already found despite all the talk in MAGA circles of a grand conspiracy that was to have been revealed. This investigation was the weaponization of the DOJ by Barr in the guise of an effort to root out weaponization. As such, it was a laughable failure.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:16 PM

What a waste of tax payers money and many hours of Government employees lives gone for nothing...

No minds will be changed and history rewritten.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Does anyone find it remotely interesting that Charles McGonagal - the former FBI guy that was indicted for his work with the Russians - has hired Seth DuCharme as his defense counsel?
Nope? Not the least bit interesting.

You know you're not going to get the answer you want to your stupid question. So why waste your time asking the stupid question?
Old 05-16-2023, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The Senate Judiciary Committee does not have jurisdiction nor access to all materials related to FBI Counterintelligence investigations (and Crossfire Hurricane was a counterintelligence investigation), the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence does. Their lengthy and in-depth report is Congress’s authoritative word on this matter, not Graham who himself was involved in Trump election subterfuge in Georgia and has no credibility in any matter involving Trump.
Bullshit. Senate Intel Comm does not have oversight on Justice Dept or FBI matters. The Judiciary conducted a multiple-day hearing on Crossfire Hurricane. In terms of access, the Judiciary committee worked with the DOG and the AG to obtain classified documents relevant to Crossfire Hurricane. Some of them were declassified at the request of Judiciary and made public.

The Intel Committee was engaged in the broader investigation into foreign entities interfering in the 2016 election. They didn't do a deep dive on Crossifre Hurricane. Judiciary did. Again, you seem to hink you have evidence to the contrary, so I'll ask again that you post it here.

Quote:
Durham did not expand the DOE-IG findings in any meaningful or concrete way, only offering innuendo for rubes like you stuck within the wingnut news stovepipe.
Bullshit. You just fail to learn or don't want to. Just to repeat:

You said: "Papadopoulos told an Australian diplomat that Russia was helping the Trump campaign." You have an unshakable belief that this happened, despite evidence to the contrary. Fact is, it never happened. The "Australian diplomat" you reference is ALexander Downer. If you don't want to believe me, then take it directly from him: https://twitter.com/i/status/1126422767820087297

He states:

“There was no suggestion — [neither] from Papadopoulos nor in the record of the meeting that we sent back to Canberra — there was no suggestion that there was collusion between Donald Trump or Donald Trump’s campaign and the Russians,” Downer said.

“All we did is report what Papadopoulos said, and that was that he thought that the Russians may release information, might release information, that could be damaging to Hillary Clinton’s campaign at some stage before the election,” he continued.

You stated: "They also revealed that the Russians hacked the DNC,..." The Russians did not hack the DNC. From one of your favorite newspapers:

That March, Russian hackers broke into the personal email account of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, unlocking a decade’s worth of emails, before dribbling them out to the public with glee. The D.N.C. chairwoman, Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, resigned after emails appeared to show her favoring Mrs. Clinton over Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

In fact, the DNC didn't grant the FBI access to its servers to investigate allegations of hacking.

Quote:
I fully understand how MAGAWorld was convinced the Durham would uncover the crime of the century per the Trump promise. All Durham did was torch his own reputation, something that has happened to every attorney willing to carry water for the Lying Dotard.
Yeah, whatever Finn. Maybe we can continue this convo at some point in the future when you get your facts straight.