Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-29-2023, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTide View Post
It sounds like you are pro guns.
RedTide, you have totally misread Bob's post here, how can you possibly believe he's "pro gun" when he wants to dump ALL guns into the sea? Please read this clip from Bob's post and tell me what you think he means by this?

"Barge them out to the 500 fathom line and push them overboard."

Quote:
It also seems to me from that thread that you and the OP spent zero effort in trying to disprove any "AI Apocalypse" ideas. Youtube is a huge echo chamber, so I get that maybe that's all you were fed. But holy smokes 120 pages later and you guys were pointing to a video with a goldfish with a tin foil hat, that had stories that you admit now were untrue, freaking science fiction poorly written by an AI that the OP accepted as truth, and you guys were and saying "what about this?" That video should have been embarrassing to anyone who actually looked into AI for 6 months. I was embarrassed for the OP.

120 pages and a goldfish with a tinfoil hat screams to me that we are f*cked.
Now, PLEASE, , , don't assign your beliefs onto my posts, you appear to be misunderstanding my position on the AI discussion, despite my making my position PERFECTLY clear during our last conversation on the subject. Do you remember this;

Redtide said:
"Here's another video for onwardjames and init4fun and whoever thinks we are headed for an "AI Apocalypse".

My response;

"Hi Redtide,

I'm firmly on the side of the discussion that believes AI can be good or evil, depending on what the humans who originate it desire.

Could be "AI Apocalypse" or "AI Eden", a 50 - 50 split on odds from where I sit "

And lastly, the Man's name is "Pio" (Pio1980 to be exact) and not "Poi", , , in reading, both the devil, and complete understanding, are in the details......

"Then Poi (who I think is on this site) posted something about maybe that is because of online radicalization"

Last edited by init4fun; 07-29-2023 at 08:51 AM. Reason: To give Pio1980 his proper name back ;)
Old 07-29-2023, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
RedTide, you have totally misread Bob's post here, how can you possibly believe he's "pro gun" when he wants to dump ALL guns into the sea? Please read this clip from Bob's post and tell me what you think he means by this?

Now, PLEASE, , , don't assign your beliefs onto my posts, you appear to be misunderstanding my position on the AI discussion, despite my making my position PERFECTLY clear during our last conversation on the subject. Do you remember this;

Redtide said:
"Here's another video for onwardjames and init4fun and whoever thinks we are headed for an "AI Apocalypse".

My response;

"Hi Redtide,

I'm firmly on the side of the discussion that believes AI can be good or evil, depending on what the humans who originate it desire.

Could be "AI Apocalypse" or "AI Eden", a 50 - 50 split on odds from where I sit "

And lastly, the Man's name is "Pio" (Pio1980 to be exact) and not "Poi", , , in reading, both the devil, and complete understanding, are in the details......

"Then Poi (who I think is on this site) posted something about maybe that is because of online radicalization"
@RedTide, No offense taken.
Old 07-29-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
@RedTide, No offense taken.
Cool, I was just using it as an example of how easy it can be to misunderstand someone or be otherwise mistaken on online forums.

I never once said "Yep, that's it, AI is gonna kill us all for certain" and that's RedTide's accusation of me. He is misunderstood as to my belief, and hopefully now my previous post has set that straight.
Old 07-29-2023, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Cool, I was just using it as an example of how easy it can be to misunderstand someone or be otherwise mistaken on online forums.

I never once said "Yep, that's it, AI is gonna kill us all for certain" and that's RedTide's accusation of me. He is misunderstood as to my belief, and hopefully now my previous post has set that straight.

I'm not accusing you of thinking "AI will kill us". I'm worried that you and others in that thread think that AI and AGI are the same thing, and that AGI already exists. Once people believe something like "AGI exists" they don't make much of an effort to disprove that.
Old 07-29-2023, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not accusing you of thinking "AI will kill us". I'm worried that you and others in that thread think that AI and AGI are the same thing, and that AGI already exists. Once people believe something like "AGI exists" they don't make much of an effort to disprove that.
Thank You RedTide for wanting to know my thoughts on this, and also thank you for forcing me to think about, and do some reading about, the status of this technology today. I have learned that the tech is not nearly as mature as we're being led to believe, most likely by the people who want us to invest money into it.
Old 07-29-2023, 12:15 PM

Quote:

Redtide said:

My response;

"Hi Redtide,

My bad - I totally misinterpreted bobabode. I interpreted "gun grabbing liberal" as "proud liberal gun owner" and then something about an offshore confrontation that didn't make sense.

I remember your good/evil post. It seems like you think artificial general intelligence has already happened and drones can creatively come up with their own solutions: "I can totally understand the drone's thinking, it's mission was to destroy missile silos"

Do you think AGI has happened?

I'm polluting this thread, but it's kind of related to the "drone kills operator" fake news, and the lack of effort we put into disproving our beliefs.