Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Area Man

Auto plants are not leaving Michigan and going to Mississippi. They're leaving the country. As are many manufacturing jobs. And, at this point in history, it has little to do with unions. Non union plants are still more expensive to run anywhere in the United States than in the latest third world shithole where it's become fashionable for the pigs to go exploit misery.

I have recently been informed by our friend, Flacaltenn, that the Chinese workers are "....joining the middle class and holding out for more money.".....Which, of course means the insatiable (Whom the GOP intends to attempt to keep satisfied.) are now starting to leave China.

Funny, how everywhere the the Lassez-Faire Capitalist a-holes go, labor unrest and social upheaval arises a decade or so later.................

To my mind, the answer as difficult as it would be, is to bring the rest of the world UP to our standards, leaving them nowhere to go.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-12-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Auto plants are not leaving Michigan and going to Mississippi. They're leaving the country. As are many manufacturing jobs. And, at this point in history, it has little to do with unions. Non union plants are still more expensive to run anywhere in the United States than in the latest third world shithole where it's become fashionable for the pigs to go exploit misery.
It's worse than that, Dave. Guess who the next third world shithole is.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ies-us-america

Little wheels spin and spin, big wheels turn around and around

John
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Area Man

Well, it would be good to see some jobs come here, John.

The question is; Will they be decent jobs?

Foxxcon does NOT have the greatest reputation in that regard......to say the least.

As a side note;

The Ford plant we USED to have, here in Virginia..........went to Detroit in 2008.

Regards,
Dave
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
reflexionar

I suppose the Republicans might be able to start by figuring out that 3rd and 4th generation latinos aren't all illegal wetbacks. Maybe they will get with the program and make the social security wage base something like a couple million instead of 100K. That might swing a few people. On the other hand, maybe they could just quit screwing around and shoot themselves in the head instead of the foot and make room for another party. I wonder what this post would sound like if I wasn't somewhat conservative?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I suppose the Republicans might be able to start by figuring out that 3rd and 4th generation latinos aren't all illegal wetbacks. Maybe they will get with the program and make the social security wage base something like a couple million instead of 100K. That might swing a few people. On the other hand, maybe they could just quit screwing around and shoot themselves in the head instead of the foot and make room for another party. I wonder what this post would sound like if I wasn't somewhat conservative?
I am enjoying you posts - even when you skewer my guys. But I gotta admit that I like it better when you give it to the GOP

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM

IMO the Republican voters have their heads screwed on straight. Reducing federal government intervention in the economy does tend to reduce the size of economic disasters and improve stability. For example investors would not be tempted to overbuild housing, and thereby vacuum the middle class out of cities, if those investors knew that the federal government would not be willing to bail them out if and when they exceed demand and the market crashes. The same goes for government intervention in the insurance business such as national flood insurance, government intervention in manufacturing such as green initiatives, etc.

Where Republican voters are getting cranked is their new politicians say they are doing that stuff in Washington when most of them are not. Most of them are a new class that is focused on getting reyotch beyotch. Traditional honor and statesmanship is dead in their ranks.

Jim Leach is probably the biggest crook ringleader of them all IMO. When I read that now he wants to increase government backing for reverse mortgages I almost fell over. That's all we need is to allow aged millionaires to suck equity out of their mansions to buy new yachts and airplanes and then, when the fake market crashes again, say so sorry. No one could have saw that coming. Bail us out again.

Grrr.

In summary -- IMO Republican voters = good hearts but have trouble articulating it. Neocon Republican politicians = crooks.

It's the politicians that need votes, not the redneck voters. Therefore the politicians need to clean up their mess. The rednecks don't want to do it for them. It is against their principles and that is perfectly understandable.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

There is no doubt who the crooks in Cleveland are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Didn't the Democrats fix this when they were in control?

Pete
Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Resident octogenarian

No comment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toles11132012.jpg (84.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Admin

Good one Rob!