Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
"Like Pence, I'm sure Biden knew that there were classified materials in his possession."

Apology accepted.
I'm sure he knew there were classified materials in his possession. I've also suggested herein that classified document security is likely not a priority for the elected class, and I also suspect that classified documents could be found in most current and former elected officials' possession. This is a statement of likelihood.

Nowhere have I accused anyone of a crime. You used the term malfeasance, which implies someone breaking the law. Remember, it was just 6.5 years ago that we learned that no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges in these cases. I seriously doubt Joe Biden will face any charges for being in possession of such documents.

Appology accepted.
Old 01-27-2023, 01:02 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm sure he knew there were classified materials in his possession. I've also suggested herein that classified document security is likely not a priority for the elected class, and I also suspect that classified documents could be found in most current and former elected officials' possession. This is a statement of likelihood.

Nowhere have I accused anyone of a crime. You used the term malfeasance, which implies someone breaking the law. Remember, it was just 6.5 years ago that we learned that no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges in these cases. I seriously doubt Joe Biden will face any charges for being in possession of such documents.

Appology accepted.
Merriam-Webster:
mal·​fea·​sance, ˌmal-ˈfē-zᵊn(t)s - wrongdoing or misconduct especially by a public official

The unauthorized possession or retention of classified documents outside a secure setting is indeed "wrongdoing or misconduct," whether or not it rises to the point of criminal prosecution.

What Hillary, Biden and Pence did likely does not rise to the point where a federal prosecutor would normally pursue a criminal case. As someone who had a security clearance for nearly 40 years (20 of which at a Top Secret level), things like what they did would normally result in an administrative response (revocation of security clearance and termination). Since constitutional officers do not have security clearances and can't be fired, nothing can really be done beyond embarrassing them.

What Trump did, OTOH, appears to be egregious criminal conduct (deliberate theft of classified documents, refusing to return them upon demand of the government, not responding truthfully/fulsomely to a subpoena and moving/concealing the documents after receipt of said subpoena, directing his attorney to respond untruthfully on an affidavit ...).

If you're unable to tell the difference, it's because you don't want to.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-27-2023 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

What Hillary, Biden and Pence did likely does not rise to the point where a federal prosecutor would normally pursue a criminal case. As someone who had a security clearance for nearly 40 years (20 of which at a Top Secret level), things like what they did would normally result in an administrative response (revocation of security clearance and termination). Since constitutional officers do not have security clearances and can't be fired, nothing can really be done beyond embarrassing them.

What Trump did, OTOH, appears to be egregious criminal conduct (deliberate theft of classified documents, refusing to return them upon demand of the government, not responding truthfully/fulsomely to a subpoena and moving/concealing the documents after receipt of said subpoena, directing his attorney to respond untruthfully on an affidavit ...).

If you're unable to tell the difference, it's because you don't want to.
You're either getting forgetful, purposefully or otherwise, or delusional.

YOU brought the term "malfeasance" into this discussion.

YOU brought Trump into the discussion.

And now you're saying that I can't tell the difference between Pence/Biden and Trump, when I never referenced Trump in the first place.

I think you need to put the keyboard away for a while.

Last edited by whell; 01-27-2023 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:13 PM

Here is a refresher course for you Whell and you should be the one putting the KB away and do some deep breathing exercises.

The Complete Guide to All the Ways Donald Trump Is Legally Screwed

Quote:
Every single criminal investigation and civil lawsuit the ex-president is currently facing, including the ones you’ve probably never heard about.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...-complete-list
Old 01-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Pence: Golly gee, look what I found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You're either getting forgetful, purposefully or otherwise, or delusional.

YOU brought the term "malfeasance" into this discussion.

YOU brought Trump into the discussion.

And now you're saying that I can't tell the difference between Pence/Biden and Trump, when I never referenced Trump in the first place.

I think you need to put the keyboard away for a while.

Damn, son. Show some humility and just take the loss.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-27-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:13 PM

The lack of accepting any loss gracefully, admitting to or a mistaken belief. Having no shame or compassion rather showing a ruthlessness, blind condescending attitude towards those who disagree.

A all to common character flaw in the Cult running the Republican agenda.

Kinda proves my assertion this will need to playout to the end. Much like slavery needed to go the distance. They who are afflicted will never wakeup on morning and suddenly have a change of heart. For this is a reason our civil war are still a strong and have effects to this day.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:28 PM
Ready

An immature lack of the slightest self-awareness is abroad in the land. Is narcissism catching?
Old 01-27-2023, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
An immature lack of the slightest self-awareness is abroad in the land. Is narcissism catching?

Nihilism.......Nihilist....
Old 01-27-2023, 05:08 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Nihilism.......Nihilist....
Old 01-27-2023, 05:51 PM

The thing that bothers me most about our current situation is that we all have our opinions and right or wrong, we may even hold on to them. But this does not have to lead to animosity and hatred which is the basis of Trumpism. We are always right (WTF does the word woke even mean) so rest of you do not deserve ..............................(fill in the blanks). Sadly when I do see Trumpers, they are some of the most ill educated ignorant people I have ever run across in my life, even explaining the time zones can be a major challenge.