Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
I am very deficient in my spelling,wasn't good in school so I dropped out and went to work. Dyslexic as well most likely the reason not being good in school.

Never touched a computer and key board till 2011.

Al that said I excel in other areas so it balances out.

So does that make me bad or something?
(sigh)

I'm feeling amicable, tonight. You know what? You're right. It does not matter whether your spelling is Emily Post. That said -- constructively -- it's your attitude that annoys (not offends) me. Kick ass in other areas? Great! I am better in person, too, in areas that cannot be rationally judged.

Here, to date, you just sound defensive. I, out of some sense of masochism, am going to give something up: the only argument that I made here which is petulant and I let it go. (Perhaps you should, too.)

Many moons ago, to use a stereotypical Native American construct, there was a thread about what was the most dangerous practice amongst drivers. It was the theory of intelligent posters whom I respect that it was texting.

I, still, don't buy it.

I, personally, surmise that sending a message at a stop sign or while on cruise traveling down a deserted Interstate is still less dangerous than being hammered anywhere.

I know there is data. I know their thoughts are not in a vacuum. I realize my personal experience is all I have to go on.

And I STILL call bullshit.

But it's not worth being a dick over, these are learned men.

You're not treating anyone as a "learned man."

And that's the problem.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
(sigh)

I'm feeling amicable, tonight. You know what? You're right. It does not matter whether your spelling is Emily Post. That said -- constructively -- it's your attitude that annoys (not offends) me. Kick ass in other areas? Great! I am better in person, too, in areas that cannot be rationally judged.

Here, to date, you just sound defensive. I, out of some sense of masochism, am going to give something up: the only argument that I made here which is petulant and I let it go. (Perhaps you should, too.)

Many moons ago, to use a stereotypical Native American construct, there was a thread about what was the most dangerous practice amongst drivers. It was the theory of intelligent posters whom I respect that it was texting.

I, still, don't buy it.

I, personally, surmise that sending a message at a stop sign or while on cruise traveling down a deserted Interstate is still less dangerous than being hammered anywhere.

I know there is data. I know their thoughts are not in a vacuum. I realize my personal experience is all I have to go on.

And I STILL call bullshit.

But it's not worth being a dick over, these are learned men.

You're not treating anyone as a "learned man."

And that's the problem.
Thank you and we must all understand respect is earned. I was not born yesterday either.

And I will state drinking and driving is far more dangerous than texting. If numbers are higher it's most likely by volume.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:15 AM

Quote:
I am very deficient in my spelling,wasn't good in school so I dropped out and went to work. Dyslexic as well most likely the reason not being good in school.

Yes, if you continue to post your drivel using atrocious language.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:27 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Yes, if you continue to post your drivel using atrocious language.

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (ĭ-lē′tĭz′əm, ā-lē′-)
n.
1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/elitist
Old 01-28-2014, 07:13 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:

No, the point is that those in glass houses should not throw rocks. You continue to insult the intelligence of those who take views that are inconsistent with the views that you espouse. One who would question the intelligence of others can expect more scrutiny in the way he expresses himself.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I can haz internet. Zeke great post. Iz learned? I return the possible compliment

11 links, not all Fox? That is some substantiation. We've taken each other apart over far less.

Pete
Old 01-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (ĭ-lē′tĭz′əm, ā-lē′-)
n.
1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/elitist
"Common sense is a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things which is shared by ("common to") nearly all people, and can be reasonably expected of nearly all people without any need for debate."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_sense
Old 01-28-2014, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
No, the point is that those in glass houses should not throw rocks. You continue to insult the intelligence of those who take views that are inconsistent with the views that you espouse. One who would question the intelligence of others can expect more scrutiny in the way he expresses himself.

Regards,

D-Ray
Well I for one never belittle anyones social, economic or mental status. It's actually a pet peeve of mine. However when one is being attacked on a personal level they will tend to lash out.

If I point out something in a topic. view, economics or fiscal management please do debate the facts if possible. Punch a hole in my argument by producing something relevant. Maybe we all can find the truth or see something we didn't know existed before.

That is not happening here with some. As soon as I commented on post I read, I tried to bring to the table some other information or asked questions. What happens is irelivent name calling and attacks on a personal level. I have not been attacking the OP but question the message.

You asked me earlier my definition of a troll. It would in my mind be someone who trolls around threads just looking for someone to attack. There post have nothing to do with the topic just aggravation to others. Trolls do not want a discussion of the topic because of their agenda. Then there is trolls that just get their kicks doing it because there anonymous.

That said I'm hardly a troll, a troll is a leach and parasit to a site. No giving and all taking. Ask Eirne if i'm a taker or a giver and a leach at AK. Ask him if my soul purpose there is to through threads into a discord.

AK promotes this site and thats why I came here. I have participated on quite a few economic sites and gained a little bit of knowledge. If you noticed 90% of my post are in economic threads here.

I don't care about being lead around in some ideology design to deceive. Economics is the dog politics is the tail so who is waging who.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 09:58 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
"Common sense is a basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things which is shared by ("common to") nearly all people, and can be reasonably expected of nearly all people without any need for debate."

What has common sense got to do with dyslexia or education level?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:

Funny thing about common sense one is born with it.
Academics is learned but one can not learn common sense.