in keeping this site going.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS... View Post
really, I mean REALLY...?

Question the source on a joke post.

LOL.
I guess my brand of humor is lost on the likes of you, Jim. Ever heard of sarcasm? This is the smiley that connotes it-.

Jeeze Louise, you Tea pahtayists have developed a thin skin lately. Couldn't be because your popularity has sunk out of sight in the polls lately, now could it? Don't git yer knickers in a bunch over someone handing you some of your own snarkish humor back atcha. Unless you actually believe what Alex Jones and that over pile driven ex governor Jesse Ventura are selling?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Admin

Here ya go Jim. A peace offering, if you will.

Linkie... http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topof...#axzz2jQwV9oTH

Exerpt...
"Obamacare supporters are pointing out that the insurance companies are running a bit of a ruse here. The insurers are failing to let those affected know there are actually cheaper alternatives, either within their own insurance companies or through other companies in the healthcare exchange. But, so far, that little ploy has not gotten much notice.
What has gotten notice is the discrepancy between what has happened and Obama’s frequently stated guarantee that no one would have to give up their current healthcare plan if they liked it. Obama did not lie, but neither did he acknowledge the possibility that insurance companies might pull out the rug from under their own satisfied policyholders.
Liberal criticism of the healthcare law as it was being written in 2009 centered on the fact that it left insurance companies as the powerful middlemen at the center of healthcare delivery in the United States. Obama and the authors of the law rejected the liberal critique because they saw no way to win passage of healthcare reform unless they could turn the insurance lobby into an ally, instead of an adversary.
Obama made a deal with a crafty devil back then and now he’s learning what kind of partner he has." David Horsey LATimes
Old 11-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Admin

Back on topic...

Linkage... http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topof...#axzz2jQwV9oTH
Old 11-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Admin

Anyone catch The Daily Show's Jon Stewart riffing on Obamacare lately? Evidently, it has been lost on the humorless rightwing blogosphere at Faux News. First they call Stewart a blowhard comedian then they breathlessly point to it as proof that even the left hates Obamacare...