Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:33 PM

MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Despite all else, I always kinda felt a LITTLE bit sad for MJ-I got the feeling the guy had NO real friends, nobody he could just "pal" around with, & be himself. He had no childhood, he'd been in the public eye virtually all his life. Y'all KNOW that I'm crazier than a Shithouse Rat, but at least I know it...But I've always had good parents & good friends who have kept me at least somewhat grounded in reality...MJ apparently had neither. I'm NOT trying to excuse anything he did, you understand, just maybe offer an explanation, in as much as there CAN be for the trainwreck he became..
You know Sandy, you're right. If I would have had the kind of money he had at the same age, I wouldn't have taken to buggerin' little boys, but I'd never have lived to see 30.

Chas
Old 06-30-2009, 03:30 AM

Yes but..........

Quote MerryLander: "This all started back in childhood - you mentioned nature and nurture - my parents let me have the run of the family library such as it was. They figured that if the book was too advanced I would simply put it back. When I outgrew the town schoolhouse I had to commute by train to another high school".

And therein maybe lies the problem. When he was a child he was beaten on a regular basis by a man who also thought it was a good idea to scare the shit out of him by climbing in his bedroom window while wearing a monster mask. He did this to teach the child to keep the window closed at night, even though he'd have fried in the heat.

No excuse for what he's aleged (aw fuck, I CANNOT spell without spellchecker)to have done, but does a fucked up childhood = a fucked up adulthood?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:43 AM

Who's to say ? It also brings up the old saw about there being but a thin line between genius & insanity...You could make a pretty good case for MJ being in BOTH camps...He certainly knew what he was doing when it came to music-& the insanity part-well,THAT'S pretty obvious too, I think. And it also speaks to the part of having incredible wealth thrust upon you very quickly, w/o having any background/guidance as to how to handle it.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

And there's the rub, even level headed people can have problems handling to much fame and fortune at an early age. Now couple that with a screwed-up childhood and all hell breaks loose.

I was extremely lucky because I never doubted my parents love at any time.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Administrator

I was raised by a perfectly fucked up family and look how I turned out...on second though.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:25 AM

Dave, at least you had yr Granmother- And come on, you've turned out just fine....
Old 06-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Resident octogenarian

Second that.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
They don't know a damn thing, but still it's all Michael all the time. The house just passed cap and tax for goodness sake, and I had to get it from CSPAN. It's sad to see such a big deal being made over a self mutilating, child molesting, drug addict.
I agree. Bush was blamed for diversions during times of policy critism or outcomes. The nonsense reporting on Jackson is enough to keep us in the dark on current issues. Jackson had a bunch of enablers who found his money more impressive than working for the welfare of his children. Those poor kids! And who can forget the wedding of he and Lisa Marie Presley? People have such short memories. California is more than monetarily bankrupt...add morally and mentally to that list.