Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You apparently need a history lesson,........................................... .................................................. ...
Mueller has been sent out to search for crimes. That's quite a big difference.
Details bore me, so spare me the details. Those who dwell in details never get to the point, and the point here is Mueller's mandate which covers any and all crimes as he investigates Russian interference in our election and Trump campaign's involvement.

BTW, how (or why) did Whitewater lead to WJC's impeachment and why did this take 4.5 years? Where is the connection?
Old 05-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Sure I do, and there's ample proof of that. For example, Comey told Congress during his testimony that no one at the FBI thought that Flynn had lied to them. And yet, Flynn plead guilty to lying to the FBI. Now, you can speculate all you want about why Flynn agreed to plea, but there's ZERO evidence that Flynn's plea has anything to do with Trump's campaign or Russian "collusion".

You can also speculate all you want about the other pleas, none of which indicate the Flynn has any evidence of "Russian collusion". The indictments also have nothing to do with "Russian collusion".

So, if Mueller's charter is to investigate "Russian collusion", where's evidence of the crime? There is none, and Mueller can apparently look for one all he wants, and destroy anyone he wants in the process. Unless, of course, some adults step in and reign him in.
Extremely cogent.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
... Comey told Congress during his testimony that no one at the FBI thought that Flynn had lied to them...
Show me the exact quote from Comey in which he said that. While you're (unsuccessfully) looking for it, here's an exact quote from Michael Flynn after his guilty plea:

“After over 33 years of military service to our country, including nearly five years in combat away from my family, and then my decision to continue to serve the United States, it has been extraordinarily painful to endure these many months of false accusations of ‘treason’ and other outrageous acts. Such false accusations are contrary to everything I have ever done and stood for. But I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right. My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the special counsel’s office reflect a decision I made in the best interest of my family and of country. I accept fully responsibility for my actions.”

If you're actually interested in the specifics of Flynn's lies to which he pleaded guilty, here are the court documents. Knowing you, you'd rather rely on Devin Nunes' mischaracterization of events in support of your Dear Leader.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/michael-...ment-documents

Last edited by finnbow; 05-08-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:40 AM

This is from 5/4 so Whell's talking points are fairly recent though pure BS quoting from the sycophant Nunes report.

Quote:
The House Intelligence Committee on Friday released a newly unredacted section of its final Russia report detailing testimony from former senior FBI officials about the probe into former national security adviser Michael Flynn and his contacts with a top Russian diplomat.

The unredacted portion of the report, written by Republicans on the panel, details testimony from former FBI Director James Comey and his then-deputy, Andrew McCabe. The report says McCabe, in particular, testified that the two agents who interviewed Flynn “didn’t think he was lying."

Despite the agents' initial impressions, McCabe reportedly testified that officials found that Flynn’s statements to investigators were “inconsistent” with their “understanding of the conversation that he had actually had with the ambassador.”

Flynn was ousted as President Trump's first national security adviser for misrepresenting to Vice President Pence and others his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, a conversation that took place shortly before Trump took office.
Isn't misrepresenting same a lying? Perhaps Comey and McCabe both got fired because they thought Flynn was telling the truth.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...two-agents-who
Old 05-08-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
no one — not even the president* — is above the law and beyond scrutiny by our system of checks and balances.

Fixed that for Dershowitz. He’s become quite unhinged in his old age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Dershowitz has been getting pretty wingnutty, but nothing like Trump's other cable mouthpiece Giuliani.
Love what you two sycophants have done here. Make sure you don't deal with what Dershowitz said. Since he disagrees with you - on this one single thing and probably little else - you call him "unhinged", "old" and "wingnutty". Pretty typical of your debate style.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Details bore me, so spare me the details.
Yeah, I've noticed.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Love what you two sycophants have done here. Make sure you don't deal with what Dershowitz said. Since he disagrees with you - on this one single thing and probably little else - you call him "unhinged", "old" and "wingnutty". Pretty typical of your debate style.
I did.

This is absolutely standard operating procedure for investigating and prosecuting conspiracies by criminal enterprises like the Trump family, Mafia, Enron and drug cartels. In fact, Guiliani gained quite a reputation for doing exactly the same thing in NYC. Dershowitz, an outspoken civil libertarian, defense counsel and cable news gadfly, is adamantly opposed to any (of the perfectly legal) tactics that result in conviction of the type of criminals he normally represents.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Extremely cogent.
To a Putin-hugger.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I've noticed.
Thank you for understanding.
You seem to suffer from "my mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts" complex.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Show me the exact quote from Comey in which he said that.
Need someone to do your homework for you? OK, fine.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...rticle/2648896

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/polit...ynn/index.html

The FBI interviewers believed Flynn was cooperative and provided truthful answers. Although Flynn didn't remember all of what he talked about, they don't believe he was intentionally misleading them, the officials say.

Further, then-acting Attorney General Sally Yates delayed notifying the White House until after Flynn was interviewed. At that point, FBI Director James Comey did not object to notifying the White House counsel.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...two-agents-who

The report claims that these top FBI and Justice Department officials had different answers regarding whether the agents were “investigating misleading statements to the Vice President, which the Vice President echoed publicly about the content of this calls; a possible violation of the Logan Act; or a desire top obtain more information as part of the counterintelligence investigation into General Flynn.”

The report notes that Comey testified that “the agents … discerned no physical indications of deception. They didn’t see any change in posture, in tone, in inflection, in eye contact. They saw nothing that indicated to them that he knew he was lying to them.”

So, York reported about it recently. CNN had a story about the FBI's take on Flynn's testimony back in Feb, and the Hill quotes the same thing from the House intel report as part of Comey's testimony. Three sources state that the FBI, including Comey, didn't think Flynn lied to them.

So, Flynn cops to a plea for lying when he apparently didn't lie. See?
Opening your mind and learning things isn't that hard. You might have to get your news from somewhere besides just WaPo and Media Matters, though.

Last edited by whell; 05-08-2018 at 11:09 AM.