Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Area Man

Red State reality.

Just thought you might like to know.

Tonight, I stopped at Golden Corral for dinner after a trip to visit friends in Newport News.

The price of my meal was $11.98. The "Prepared Meal Tax" that our Republican run state government has foisted upon us was $1.89. What's that, about 16% tip that goes to the GOP for every meal served? The property tax on my car alone is 4% of assessed value, or about $1,120 for the year, or paid bi-annually about $560 due next month, then approximately another $560 six months later. And then of course we have the yearly registration fee, tags, mandatory safety inspections, etc. etc..................................

Oh, and the High School still has not been expanded after a levy to do so has been passed twice in the last twenty years. The kids are still attending class in those beat up old trailers. But, Governor McDonnell (R) has all the right in the world to crow about the $55,000,000 he approved for offshore wind turbines. (Are you catching on to the irony yet? Next thing we know, he leave his wife, marry a dude and then vote against gay marriage, "Because it's immoral.")

Yeah. If you want lower taxes and responsible spending, vote Republican. The biggest friggin' lie in the world.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-20-2011 at 06:23 PM.