Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
That's really not very nice of you Nailer, considering I stood up for you the other day. Someone said you ate shit sandwiches and I told them "No way, Nailer doesn't like bread".
I prefer shit on a shingle, don't you?

Last edited by nailer; 08-23-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Ready

withdrawn by author

Last edited by donquixote99; 08-23-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I object to being addressed in that fashion by the coppers as well Don. But I've learned it's best not to act like a fucking idiot and refuse to comply when so instructed.

And to some degree it's no different from being smart in dealing with anybody in your life who's in a position of power and/or authority. Want to not make a living? Want to have a foreclosure on your home? Want your children to be eating ketchup sandwiches for dinner? When your arrogant/agressive boss says, "...just shut the fuck up and do it..." go ahead and tell him to take a fucking hike, or punch him in the eye. Make a habit of it, Don. See how well your life turns out for you.

Nobody said this ride was gonna be fair...at least nobody said it to me.

that could apply to Wilson also if you think about it. No matter what happens, he has ruined his career. I think an older, wiser policeman would have called in back up, or just let Brown run away, or just stopped after the first two shots. It is not like they were going to not be able to find and arrest him later. If Wilson would have been a bit more polite, or circumspect maybe Brown would be in jail and Wilson in his job.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
that could apply to Wilson also if you think about it. No matter what happens, he has ruined his career. I think an older, wiser policeman would have called in back up, or just let Brown run away, or just stopped after the first two shots. It is not like they were going to not be able to find and arrest him later. If Wilson would have been a bit more polite, or circumspect maybe Brown would be in jail and Wilson in his job.
Lots of maybes going on and that's not what happen nor reality.

Facts are
Brown robbed a store right before the shooting.
Brown atacted the store owner before the shooting.
Brown atacted Wilson before the shooting.

All the above shows that Brown was violent prior to the shooting, I can do a bunch of "Maybes" also.

But let's just leave it as how do you think the rest of Brown's day was going to go had he not be shot?
Old 08-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I prefer shit on a shingle, don't you?
I for one am saddened that I'll never see the response to my most excellent retort.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Admin

To no one in particular.

"Fair warning: The 100 percent tolerance is over. We will start with temporary suspensions and move from there. This will apply to future posts, and it will apply to inappropriate posts as well as those that are clear provocations of such posts."

"We will also start enforcing the rule that is strictly enforced at AK: public discussions of moderation decisions are off limits. That means that if discipline is imposed, there will be no cartwheels of celebration or bitching about it being unfair. There are plenty of topics here for discussion. Moderation will not be one of them." D-ray

Let's just move on. Mea culpa and sincere apologies to any I may have insulted, whether you richly deserved it or not.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
To no one in particular...

Stop calling me no one.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
True, and they have set up a socio-economic system to insure that most black people will be unable to escape the underclass in order to provide them with examples that they can use to reinforce those beliefs.
This statement says it all for me.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:49 PM
reflexionar

It will be a sad day when police start second guessing themselves and hesitating in life threatening situations because they are scared of what people will think or how they might be portrayed in the media. If that happens I am afraid we might be looking at a lot more dead officers.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:55 PM

Chris Matthews was interviewing the Mayor of Ferguson, who seems like a nice guy but sort of disconnected from it all. Matthews was sort of trying to probe him about what was going on in his town and his response was to the effect that "people move in and out too much." Which I did not understand but maybe he meant that people in Brown's part of town move there because they simply are too poor to live anywhere else, and simply move on once they can escape to a better place or worse have to move on if they cannot afford Ferguson.

So if the Mayor was saying people move around too much maybe the police see that part of town the same way: as sort of transient (not in the homeless sense but more of a Motel 8 sense...people living by the week instead renting apartments by the month on a normal lease). But the Mayor said those words: that people move in and out too much. I am speculating but it struck me how odd that the Mayor would say that.

So there cannot be a big connection there....I wonder how much of America is like that. Pockets of poor areas that have nothing in common with the city they technically belong too.