Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2022, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

The assailant made the tie, not me. He asked "Where's Nancy?", the same question asked by the "normal tourists" who ransacked the US Capitol wanting to murder Pelosi and Pence. Moreover, the Washington Post corroborated that a voluminous blog written under DePape’s name and filled with deeply racist and antisemitic writings — as well as pro-Trump and anti-Democratic posts — belonged to the suspect.

So, what's is it that's really disgusting? That folks rightly point out the MAGA movement has spurred extreme levels of political violence and how you feel duty-bound to your tribe to defend or obfuscate it? Speaker Pelosi has now survived at least two assassination attempts by MAGAt's in the last two years and had her husband's brains bashed in. Should we wait for a few more such assaults before we're willing to conclusively judge that something's askew? You'd still deny it anyways.

In short, what you're saying is "Don’t politicize the politically-inspired attack aimed at a political leader." It may make sense to you, but it makes no sense to me.
Yes, the guy reportedly said "Where's Nancy?". The police are still investigated and have no comment yet about motive. You've concluded that it was a political attack. The police have not. If they do, then I'll defer to their findings.
Old 10-30-2022, 12:01 AM

Faux News' Jesse Watters criticized the police response to Pelosi's husband being attacked
https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...attack-2022-10

Whellian-level stupidity.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:06 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yes, the guy reportedly said "Where's Nancy?". The police are still investigated and have no comment yet about motive. You've concluded that it was a political attack. The police have not. If they do, then I'll defer to their findings.
Translation: I'm going to wait until MAGAMedia settles on an alternative story that blames Pelosi and the Democrats for the attack on her husband and then parrot it ad nauseam here.

Too bad you don't still have Bill Barr as AG to concoct an alternative reality for you.

By week’s end, a sizable percentage of the GOP base will believe an absurd conspiracy theory positing that Paul Pelosi was assaulted by his leftist gay lover. I'd say it's better than even money that you'll jump on that train.

Last edited by finnbow; 10-30-2022 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Translation: I'm going to wait until MAGAMedia settles on an alternative story that blames Pelosi and the Democrats for the attack on her husband and then parrot it ad nauseam here.

Too bad you don't still have Bill Barr as AG to concoct an alternative reality for you.
The "It was just a mentally disturbed individual (shrug)" is always good for a few laughs.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:22 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The brutal attack on Paul Pelosi and the lack of outrage, tact, and condemnation by GOP officials prove that America continues to be a safe space for right-wing terrorism.

It’s increasingly clear that the country and its mainstream institutions will continue to coddle, infantilize and downplay MAGA extremism that threatens our democracy simply because the perpetrators are white conservatives.

The pipeline from right-wing disinformation and conspiracy theories to violence is clear and direct. Just look at the case of David DePape, 42, who violently attacked and injured 82-year-old Paul Pelosi with a hammer on Friday morning. He allegedly shouted, “Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?” An examination of DePape’s online posts revealed that he shared hundreds of memes and articles from right-wing personalities that “were filled with screeds against Jews, Black people, Democrats, the media and transgender.” That describes what has become a Republican Bingo card. He also shared conspiracy theories about vaccines, the 2020 election, and the January 6th attack, which Tucker Carlson of Fox said was a “false flag” operation.

Unsurprisingly, the GOP’s warm embrace of this radicalized base has legitimized right-wing threats, violence, and intimidation against elected officials, poll workers, educators, and journalists. Last week, a Pennsylvania man pleaded guilty to threatening to kill Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell and his staff. Three men who plotted to kidnap Michigan’s Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer were also convicted last Wednesday. Cases related to “concerning statements and threats” against members of Congress jumped from 3,939 in 2017 to 9,625 in 2021.

Meanwhile, right-wing personalities, Fox and Republicans have refused to take stock of their own role in inflaming their base and instead are blaming Democrats and Joe Biden for the attack on Paul Pelosi.

https://medium.com/@wajahatmali/amer...m-90c69c5d4cfa
Old 10-30-2022, 09:47 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Earlier this month, Sen. Susan Collins said:

“I wouldn’t be surprised if a senator or House member were killed. What started with abusive phone calls is now translating into active threats of violence and real violence.”

In the five years after President Donald J. Trump was elected in 2016 following a campaign featuring a remarkable level of violent language, the number of recorded threats against members of Congress increased more than tenfold, to 9,625 in 2021, according to figures from the Capitol Police.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/01/u...lawmakers.html
Old 10-30-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
The "It was just a mentally disturbed individual (shrug)" is always good for a few laughs.
And heeer we go

Pelosi attacker David DePape's ex says he is 'mentally ill,' once came home thinking he was Jesus: report

Quote:
Earlier this month, Sen. Susan Collins said...
Is this the same Susan Collins who declined to convict the impeached DJT saying "I believe he's learned his lesson"?
Old 10-30-2022, 12:17 PM

Who is David DePape? Pelosi attack suspect reveled in conspiracy theories
https://www.pahomepage.com/news/nati...racy-theories/

Last edited by Pio1980; 10-30-2022 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:06 PM

Rick Scott’s Stunning Response to Pelosi Attack By MAGA Believer: Make People More ‘Comfortable’ With Election Results

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/ric...ction-results/

Whell’s World. A very sick place to live, indeed.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm disgusting because I'm not in a rush to judgment on a motive for this attack? What exactly is my "type", Chicklet? Is my type someone who won't rush to politicize an act of violence for my own benefit like you? Or, are you again suggesting that, based on your remark above, I'm somehow a fan of Nazi-ism?

C'mon Chickie. Spell it out. Describe what you mean by my "type"?
The thing that confuses me here: Pelosi is third in line for the white house. How did this guy get in so easily? Do they have no security at that house?

It's almost as though he was let in by someone.