Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yes, the guy reportedly said "Where's Nancy?". The police are still investigated and have no comment yet about motive. You've concluded that it was a political attack. The police have not. If they do, then I'll defer to their findings.
None other than the DOJ says it was political violence. Your silence says everything about you. You'd be embarrassed as hell if you had a conscience, but of course, you don't.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:49 PM

Whell's Dear Leader joins conspiracists stoking doubts about Pelosi attack
The former president* suggested on Tuesday that it wasn’t a break in. Authorities have been clear it was.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...heory-00064417

Of course he does.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
To begin with, why aren't you using your AK identity here? Makes me very suspicious about your intentions.
Red herring. And, out of curiosity, why would it even matter? Seriously.

Everybody here knows who I am. But I'll tell you why it's different: I don't like the Robroy moniker any more. I came up with it in 1997 and used it at the time I originally created my AK account, over 14 years ago. The only reason I don't change it there is that it would really confuse people. So I leave it. It's like a marriage. I see it as a commitment.

I see zero reason to use the same name here that I do there other than my own convenience.

BTW, based on many of the leftist replies I see here, I suspect many members were not even born yet when I created my AK account, which is why I cut so much slack.

Last edited by Not Insane; 11-01-2022 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
DePape, 42, was charged with assaulting an immediate family member of a United States official with the intent to retaliate against the official on account of the performance of official duties and attempted kidnapping of Nancy Pelosi. Per the charging document:

DEPAPE stated that he was going to hold Nancy hostage and talk to her. If Nancy were to tell DEPAPE the “truth,” he would let her go, and if she “lied,” hewas going to break “her kneecaps.” DEPAPE was certain that Nancy would not have told the “truth.” In the course of the interview, DEPAPE articulated he viewed Nancy as the “leader of the pack” of lies told by the Democratic Party. DEPAPE also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other Members of Congress there were consequences to actions.

Is it still too early to pass judgement on this guy, Whell?
You just quoted about 5% of what we now know about the guy. Did you know he is an illegal alien? Did you know he lives in a bus with BLM and "alphabet people" posters and signs. Did you know he is a nudist, "homeless", and a drug addict? Did you catch what his ex and his neighbors said about his character and his "cultural/political" leanings?

One need not be a clear headed conservative to have no appreciation for Nancy's politics, ethics and relationship with the truth.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
You just quoted about 5% of what we now know about the guy. Did you know he is an illegal alien? Did you know he lives in a bus with BLM and "alphabet people" posters and signs. Did you know he is a nudist, "homeless", and a drug addict? Did you catch what his ex and his neighbors said about his character and his "cultural/political" leanings?

One need not be a clear headed conservative to have no appreciation for Nancy's politics, ethics and relationship with the truth.
So, whataboutery is all you have?
Old 11-01-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The only ever-changing part of this story was the MAGAMorons slinging idiotic (and now discredited) conspiracy theories. The only thing you can trust are the sworn court documents. Read the charging document and don't get your news from YouTube and most certainly not from a fascist propagandist like Carlson.
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Though your comment is, ultimately just a lot of ad-hom hot air.

What you don't know, because you apparently did not watch the video, is that the police have broken with policy and have not yet made avialable the bodycam videos from the responding officers. The comical part of this is that one of the best ways to neutralize speculation from all sides of an issue is to release the bodycam video to allow people to see it for themself.

Some believe both were in their underwear, some don't. The bodycam would show us.

Some believe a third person opened the door. The bodycam would show us.

Etc.

The bodycam videos are conspicuous in their absence.

BTW, the charging document is extremely limited in information. It doesn't list evidence. It lists charges. I've seen them. So what? That doesn't explain the dispatcher saying the caller said the intruder's name is David and he's a friend. That would not be part of the charging document.

Etc.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
So, whataboutery is all you have?
What is "whataboutery"?

I do know that if someone is trying to work through the available evidence for a particular event and a lot of it is contradictory, a common phrase is, "well, if that is true, then what about this...?" It's how you get to the truth when a case is surrounded by a lot of nonsensical and contradictory evidence.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:24 PM

And for those that don't care for Tucker Carlson, perhaps Megyn Kelly, certainly no Trump fan, has an interesting take on this.

Watch the video or read the short article:

Megyn Kelly throws shade on Paul Pelosi investigation: ‘The SFPD has egg on its face’

This one is better but longer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2m3YZxirI (start at 2:50 to get to the story)

Last edited by Not Insane; 11-01-2022 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
What is "whataboutery"?

I do know that if someone is trying to work through the available evidence for a particular event and a lot of it is contradictory, a common phrase is, "well, if that is true, then what about this...?" It's how you get to the truth when a case is surrounded by a lot of nonsensical and contradictory evidence.
You don't have "evidence" Robby, my lad. You have conjecture from Fucker KKKarlson of all people.

Thanks for the chuckles...
Old 11-01-2022, 02:28 PM
Admin

Quote:
And for those that don't care for Tucker Carlson, perhaps Megyn Kelly, certainly no Trump fan, has an interesting take on this.

Watch the video or read the short article:

Megyn Kelly throws shade on Paul Pelosi investigation: ‘The SFPD has egg on its face’

This one is better but longer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2m3YZxirI
Meg Kelly? That's your unbiased thought leader? That's some frightwing rabbit hole you live in, pal.