Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:49 PM
Admin

Paul Pelosi, 82 Attacked By a Lunatic

"(Bloomberg) -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi was the intended target for the intruder who beat her husband, Paul Pelosi, with a hammer early Friday in their San Francisco home, a person familiar with the investigation said.

The assailant, who is now in custody, confronted Paul Pelosi and shouted “Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?” before attacking him, the person said.

The attempted attack on the speaker, the second in line to the presidency, highlights increased concern among lawmakers over risks to their safety in a bitterly contentious political environment.

Speaker Pelosi, a Democrat, was in Washington with her protective detail at the time of the attack, the Capitol Police and San Francisco Police Department said in a joint statement. The intruder is in custody and the FBI is leading the investigation into the motivation.

Paul Pelosi, 82, was severely beaten in the head and body with a hammer and was being treated for blunt force trauma, the Associated Press reported. A person familiar with the investigation confirmed the intruder was armed with a hammer at the time. Speaker Pelosi’s office said he is expected to recover from his injuries."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...8509e446aa5b47
Old 10-28-2022, 01:00 PM

"Where's Nancy?" Where's Nancy?"

Safe bet who this Ahole cult member is a supporter of!

Glad the assailant was not packing.

Praying for a speedy full recovery.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:16 PM
Ready

Terrorism through media influence. No direct call to violence, and no direct connection to the right-wing media figures, so they can't be blamed. But they know that some individuals will act out like this.

Last edited by donquixote99; 10-28-2022 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-28-2022, 03:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Paul Pelosi, 82 Attacked By a Lunatic

The man accused of attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosis husband posted online conspiracy theories about Covid vaccines, the 2020 election, the January 6th attack, and videos from election-denying pillow salesman Mike Lindell.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/polit...nvs/index.html
Old 10-28-2022, 06:43 PM

Here is a column in LA Times, though I have difficulty agreeing with this assessment (in bold).

Quote:
Death threats. A plot to kidnap Michigan’s governor. Self-appointed watchdogs swarming polls and menacing voters. Insurrectionists sentenced for invading the Capitol at the behest of a power-mad president.

Much of the blame rests on Republican shoulders, as many of the faithful have embraced outlandish and frankly nutty QAnon theories that paint Democrats as a party of devil-worshiping pedophiles.

But the animosity — if not outrageous caricature — runs both ways. Repeated polls have found Democrats questioning the goodwill and patriotism, not to mention judgment, of Republicans.

It’s no longer just the fringe acting out.
I have not seen any evidence of Democrats inciting violence, so this looks like a CYA both sides argument.

No Paywall: https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...iolence-attack
Old 10-28-2022, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The man accused of attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosis husband posted online conspiracy theories about Covid vaccines, the 2020 election, the January 6th attack, and videos from election-denying pillow salesman Mike Lindell.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/polit...nvs/index.html
If the cult don't get the wins they want in the election expect more of the same.
Old 10-28-2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
But the animosity — if not outrageous caricature — runs both ways. Repeated polls have found Democrats questioning the goodwill and patriotism, not to mention judgment, of Republicans.
When the Repubs insist on embracing a lie in the face of reality without one iota of proof, they bring it upon themselves.
Old 10-28-2022, 07:00 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Here is a column in LA Times, though I have difficulty agreeing with this assessment (in bold).

I have not seen any evidence of Democrats inciting violence, so this looks like a CYA both sides argument.

No Paywall: https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...iolence-attack
Newspapers now bend over backwards to put this sort of balance everywhere. Gone are the days when a city had a Republican newspaper and a Democratic newspaper. Generally there's only one paper left, and they are fighting for every last subscriber, need every one, Republican or Democrat.
Old 10-28-2022, 07:36 PM
Jigsawed

What a one sided assessment!

Everybody forgets Auntie.

It is good to know that Mr Pelosi is recovering.

Last edited by Dondilion; 10-28-2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:06 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
What a one sided assessment!

Everybody forgets Auntie.

It is good to know that Mr Pelosi is recovering.
You might want to reconsider your values if you think this attack on an 82 year old grandfather was justified in anyway, Don.

ps Timely edit Don.

Last edited by bobabode; 10-28-2022 at 08:16 PM.