Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

You got me there

Pete
Old 04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
Very true and Rand was an atheist and the philosophy of objectivism is modelled around atheism. I believe it was Paul Ryan, who handed out copies of "Atlas Shrugged" to his staffers. Then he back pedalled, as fast as he could, away from Ayn Rand when it was pointed out to him that she had been an atheist. That is the true definition of clueless.
I don't get how anyone can get all the way through that book and NOT realize the woman is an Atheist and an Authoritarian Elitist. Unless, deep down iside, hidden behind all of the patriotic and pseudo-Christian hullabaloo the reader has sympathetic thoughts and ideals. Ya think?

Dave
Old 04-01-2013, 12:22 PM

The stuff has appeal because it is aimed squarely at the ego. Who doesn't like a little sunshine blown up their ass?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM

Not sure how this will help the child. I'd say if a child is in a welfare home then the parent can't afford a tutor. Jay Leno may be on to something in the video.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/21861106/t...to-kids-grades
Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 AM

That bill will backfire. Parents will abuse their kids if they get bad grades.

The bottom line is you can't have a community without actually having a community. Simply moving money around while avoiding each other just makes a mess.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:44 AM

I think the state should pay welfare with beer.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
That bill will backfire. Parents will abuse their kids if they get bad grades.

The bottom line is you can't have a community without actually having a community. Simply moving money around while avoiding each other just makes a mess.
I failed badly. Never made it to highschool. Truth, I had to drop out in 6'th because I was turning 18. I was on a 4'th grade level and only in 6'th because I had failed several grades and they bumped me up do to age. All I got was a paddle in school grades 2 through 5, .. they figured I'd remember or learn how to answer my studies correctly if I got tired of being paddled. That didn't work. Had nobody at home to help me learn and I needed a tutor. Being they still use paddles in school here TODAY, I can only feel sorry for the child if the child has it coming when he/she comes home too.

Another thing thats crazy. They'll charge you for child endangerment if your kids are in a car or truck without a seatbelt. But, if you are in a truck they can legally ride in the bed of the truck with no protection at all. Tell me that isn't silly. Under the age of 12 an adult has to be in the back of the truck with them, but if they are 12 and up they can ride down the hwy in the back of the truck without an adult. Hard to believe seatbelt laws are all about safety when the law is this twisted. They cash in on seatbelt tickets if someone is not buckled in the cab.. but it's legal to ride in the bed in open air.