Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm always amazed at how a simple post here about a factual news story, started by the racist noonereal, can go to Palin, Gone with the Wind, McBeth, Glenn Beck, college athletics, Girl Scout Cookies and then Jesus, Jefferson and religion, etc., etc., etc.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
You do know that he came back around to the church afterwards? Blue, you should read it sometime. Even if you think it's a fairy tale, it is an excellent story. Jesus was a true radical, how he bluntly cut up the establishment, be it priests or government, is awesome!

Pete
Well Pete, I would be interested to hear about this. Espceially as I never really considered him having left "the church". Being Catholic, of cousre, I understand the Prosistant Jefferson was never a member of The Church. But I know that's not what you mean. My understanding of Jefferson's beliefs are that he was indeed some sort of a Protistant Christian, but his beliefs were more those of a Deist. I don't believe he was affiliated with a specific church later in life. I know the Unitarians try to claim him but admit he never was actually a member of a Unitarian church. I believe they say he wrote something to the effect that he would like to be a Unitarian but there wasn't a Unitarian church anywhere near his home.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked View Post
I'm always amazed at how a simple post here about a factual news story, started by the racist noonereal, can go to Palin, Gone with the Wind, McBeth, Glenn Beck, college athletics, Girl Scout Cookies and then Jesus, Jefferson and religion, etc., etc., etc.
and their appears to be way way more you don't understand than just this as well.

interesting that I am a racist, I guess honesty to you = racism
Old 01-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked View Post
Keeps it interesting. From your list, it looks like we overlooked the influence of UFOs beaming mind control rays into the Fox studios............

Dave