Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
The NEW Government Motors will proudly introduce the 2010 Obama.

This car runs on hot air and broken promises.

It has three wheels that speed the vehicle through tight left turns.

It comes complete with two teleprompters that are programmed to help the occupants talk their way out of any violations.

I'd like to say thanks for telling it like it is ( even if the truth hurts ) < handshake >
Old 05-31-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
How are people going to buy the new Government Motors Company's cars if there ain't dealerships handy to GET them ? I remember when every gopher hole had at least one car dealership- There was Sam Riley's Chevy dealership in Mohawk, Tn, a crossroads that had a post office, a gen'l store, & Sam Riley's... Strangely enuff, though, Mr Sam sold quite a few cars-You'd see his name on the trunklids or tailgates of quite a few of 'em around here. I guess we'll soon be getting letters from Barry saying that we haven't bought a new car in a long time, we're past due for one, report to the Federal Centre & discuss yr new car needs w/Ms Roundbottom...An' bring yr checkbook...2nd thought, never mind, WE already know how much money you have, we can set up EZ payments for you thru yr employer..Like we take out Soc Security & taxes now...
No no Sandy, you got it all wrong. It's George Bush's fault (just ask the gaff master).
Old 05-31-2009, 06:36 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
How are people going to buy the new Government Motors Company's cars if there ain't dealerships handy to GET them ? I remember when every gopher hole had at least one car dealership- There was Sam Riley's Chevy dealership in Mohawk, Tn, a crossroads that had a post office, a gen'l store, & Sam Riley's... Strangely enuff, though, Mr Sam sold quite a few cars-You'd see his name on the trunklids or tailgates of quite a few of 'em around here. I guess we'll soon be getting letters from Barry saying that we haven't bought a new car in a long time, we're past due for one, report to the Federal Centre & discuss yr new car needs w/Ms Roundbottom...An' bring yr checkbook...2nd thought, never mind, WE already know how much money you have, we can set up EZ payments for you thru yr employer..Like we take out Soc Security & taxes now...
I'm afraid Sandy may be on target.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM

If the Gummint runs Generous Motors as well as they do everything else they do, we may as well call Dandy Don & have him sing, "Turn Out the Lights, The Party's Over...."
Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

I have never seen so many sore losers in my life.

You lost the friggin election, get used to it.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I have never seen so many sore losers in my life.

As a Canadian...you might enjoy this...

http://www.windsorstar.com/Business/...693/story.html Also....

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...ouncement.aspx

Last edited by painter; 06-02-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I think we're all losers for the last three rounds, at least. Hard to back a winner when there's not one on the ticket.
"Ecpyrosis" will not be found in most dictionaries, but it is a philosophical term of the stoics, from the greek "ekpyrosis", and it means: "conflagration; the periodic resolution of all things into fire".
Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Resident octogenarian

Our two Impalas came from the Oshawa plant, eight years and only battery replacement and front brake pads at 45K.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Our two Impalas came from the Oshawa plant, eight years and only battery replacement and front brake pads at 45K.

Well I guess we know your feelings on American made vehicles.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Resident octogenarian

My wife taught in Japan for several years, let me just say if I was to bring home a toy OTA or even a full grown one she would set fire to it in the driveway.

The other good thing about the Impalas is they were union made. You should Google UAW History, rather enlightening about what they accomplished for working stiffs everywhere. Compared to what the Republicans and southern Democrats did to workers with Taft-Hartley. Of course those democrats are now republicans since LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act.

Last edited by merrylander; 06-02-2009 at 01:18 PM.