Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I think you already know the answer. I'll add; And, probably SSDI as well.

But, see, it's different when a right winger does it.....

How? I don't know. But, that's what they'll tell you. They always well deserve everything they receive, even when they don't.

Dave
Old 04-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I think you already know the answer. I'll add; And, probably SSDI as well.

But, see, it's different when a right winger does it.....

How? I don't know. But, that's what they'll tell you. They always well deserve everything they receive, even when they don't.

Dave
Wonder if they'd feel that way after a good kick in the arse?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Ready

Old 04-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I guess you don't have any comment on your Lefty Racist in this thread. http://www.politicalchat.org/showthr...?t=7354&page=4

Of course not your of the Hypocritical tipe.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Ready

IN GENERAL, I see no need to criticize everyone in the world who can be criticized. There are so many, after all. A claim that I can't criticize Bundy because I supposedly haven't criticized someone else is bullshit, a way of turning the conversation from Bundy to someone else. After all, even if the someone else is quite awful, it really has nothing to do with whether Bundy is good or bad.

But as it happens, I did comment on someone else, in this very thread. Called him a toad and stuff. http://www.politicalchat.org/showpos...&postcount=164
Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
IN GENERAL, I see no need to criticize everyone in the world who can be criticized. There are so many, after all. A claim that I can't criticize Bundy because I supposedly haven't criticized someone else is bullshit, a way of turning the conversation from Bundy to someone else. After all, even if the someone else is quite awful, it really has nothing to do with whether Bundy is good or bad.

But as it happens, I did comment on someone else, in this very thread. Called him a toad and stuff. http://www.politicalchat.org/showpos...&postcount=164
Well said. There is a enormous effort from the rightwing press to attempt a false equivalence argument in this to cover their asses for their fawning coverage of Bundy. Anyone in LA that reads the news has long understood that this NBA owner is nothing but a ultra rich racist slumlord. I'm happy that he's been caught out on his racism.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post

I guess you don't have any comment on your Lefty Racist....
Also, THANK-YOU for reposting my little meme. Appreciate it!
Old 04-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Well said. There is a enormous effort from the rightwing press to attempt a false equivalence argument in this to cover their asses for their fawning coverage of Bundy. Anyone in LA that reads the news has long understood that this NBA owner is nothing but a ultra rich racist slumlord. I'm happy that he's been caught out on his racism.
If the left (e.g., MSNBC) had been falling all over themselves calling Sterling a national hero before his racist comments became public, there may have been an equivalency. Since this wasn't remotely true, their false equivalence will fall only on deaf (or ignorant) ears.

What Bundy did (his deadbeat actions, not his racism) were not national news. It was Fox who went out of their way to make it national news in service of their anti-government agenda. Had they not lionized Bundy, he never would have scored the interview that brought the house down upon them.

I haven't read any of 4-2-7's posts, but I surmise that His Ignorance bought into the false equivalency.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
If the left (e.g., MSNBC) had been falling all over themselves calling Sterling a national hero before his racist comments became public, there may have been an equivalency. Since this wasn't remotely true, their false equivalence will fall only on deaf (or ignorant) ears.

What Bundy did (his deadbeat actions, not his racism) were not national news. It was Fox who went out of their way to make it national news in service of their anti-government agenda. Had they not lionized Bundy, he never would have scored the interview that brought the house down upon them.

I haven't read any of 4-2-7's posts, but I surmise that His Ignorance bought into the false equivalency.
You should participate in your own thread, but I do know how you like to stay away from the racist subject unless you can pin it on others.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Area Man

What's that noise? Did someone fart?

Dave