Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:40 AM

The judge is now retired, Don. The current mayor is most recently elected, and is a somewhat sympathetic figure, as her previous husband was murdered in a strongarm robbery over a decade ago.

The previous mayor was a good person, but had very strong ties with varied corrupt factions in city and county politics, police, and fire. It is quite the chore when you get involved in anything in this region to figure out who the players are, who is corrupt, who is on the level, who needs to be bought or influenced, and how to get things done.

Executing a small time hood, paying a hush settlement of almost a million dollars, and keeping the whole thing under wraps for over four years, and then greasing the skids so the guilty party is found innocent is all in a day's work in Missouri. The higher ups within the City Police Department are just thankful he did not use his AK47, because that they would not have been able to cover up.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:41 AM

wow
So how the heck did the non-guilty verdict come down? Payoff? Blackmail?
Old 09-17-2017, 09:51 AM

the City PA head brought this case ensured that she had to retire a few years ago, and the blue line stood somewhat firm. It was an 8 or 9 earthquake a couple days ago, however, when the black Police Officers Association called for a guilty verdict.

Keep in mind that it took close to four years for the electronic computer films to be copied and suddenly and anonymously be released in a packet to the newspaper.

We all know that in St. Louis county, the prosecuting attorney always, always, always covers for the police, as his dad was a policeman killed in the line of duty. His recent reward for his service was a legislative bill that passed allowing for one person to get a double dip pension from both the county and the state - him. They still are fighting this one.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
wow
So how the heck did the non-guilty verdict come down? Payoff? Blackmail?
Corruption sounds better. IMO
Old 09-17-2017, 02:04 PM

BLM

WLM

All lives matter.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Flight View Post
BLM

WLM

All lives matter.

ALM

I have not watched he media closely on the riots. I have to wonder how it make a difference. I feel the riots are intended as kind of a revolution. Hopefully to throw off a corrupt and oppressive government. I think they will need get a little better organized to accomplish this. I hope they can.............
Old 09-17-2017, 07:05 PM

I will be in St Louis in a couple of weeks to visit family and I'm so dreading it. It's such a white trailer trash city. Depressing, like the entire state of misery......
Old 09-17-2017, 08:00 PM

There is a tremendous gap between the religious and political leaders who organize and lead the protest marches during the day, and the younger crowd which comes out at night. The daytime crowd wants to effect change, while is seems the night crowd wants to create fear and destruction.

Results of Nite 2 mini riot in University City http://www.ksdk.com/news/photos-clea...loop/475680363

Day 3 protest coverage
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...50c6bbdfc.html

Pots, feel free to look us up when you are in town. We would be happy to host you and yours for a visit down in south county.

Last edited by sheltiedave; 09-17-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Ready

Teacher kicks student out of high school class for having too much boob for her sweater. That's a paraphrase, but her actual comments were no less offensive, and did include the word 'boob,' as well as advice that one should buy plus size if one needs it. Textbook case of body shaming.

Student looks OK in picture....

Missouri again.

http://www.kgw.com/news/teacher-ejec...ource=facebook
Old 09-18-2017, 05:08 AM

Nite 3 .. 80 people arrested
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...50c6bbdfc.html