Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
This present administration has really made effort to reduce the prison population.

The main difficulty is to get employers to accept excons.

OUT OF PRISON AND OUT OF WORK:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/30/news...es-unemployed/
http://bantheboxcampaign.org/
Old 07-03-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
My far right wing bro thinks folks should move to where the jobs are
Like the grapes of wrath....all the folks move to where the jobs are, then you get a lot of bodies vying for those jobs and employers can then lower the wages to "non-livable" status because of all the available labor.......

Kinda like republican opposition to birth control...

The more workers, the lower the wages... the employers get rich real fast.

An employers dream.

This is why I distrust republicans, they are all about the rich getting richer at the expense of the average guy. The average guy cannot get a fair wage.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
My far right wing bro thinks folks should move to where the jobs are, and btw, if you live in an arra with disasters like floods, tornados, earthquakes, hurricanes, ect, it's your fault if you didn't move somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
How does he propose that a) they sell their house - if they own one, or
b) how they get out of their lease if renting? Yeah I know there is a spoil sport in every crowd.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:24 AM

Has anyone here ever run a business? Hired and fired people?

I try to give people a chance that might not otherwise get one. 9 times out of 10 I get burned.

I had someone the other day tell me it was my responsibility to create a system for them where stealing was not a temptation.

Theater of the absurd. Nation of weak minds and getting weaker.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post

I try to give people a chance that might not otherwise get one. 9 times out of 10 I get burned.

I had someone the other day tell me it was my responsibility to create a system for them where stealing was not a temptation.

That is sad. It's a byproduct of a society that worships material wealth and excess with small thought to how it's gained. Our moral center as a society is weak...very weak..... And the pillars of our society set the example.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Ready

Quote:

Point taken, but there's also a point to 'locks keep honest people honest.' A person who'd never break into a car might steal something from an unlocked one. Lots of honest people just have never come across a 'big enough' temptation.

I know of a very decent businessman who went to prison because one night he found someone else's deposit in the night depository. It's easy to say you'd do the right thing, but if the $10,000 is sitting right in front of you waiting to be picked-up?

From a certain point-of-view, the previous depositor's negligence put the 'honest' man in prison. Don't say he should be able to sue the careless guy, just making the point.....
Old 07-03-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Point taken, but there's also a point to 'locks keep honest people honest.' A person who'd never break into a car might steal something from an unlocked one. Lots of honest people just have never come across a 'big enough' temptation.

I know of a very decent businessman who went to prison because one night he found someone else's deposit in the night depository. It's easy to say you'd do the right thing, but if the $10,000 is sitting right in front of you waiting to be picked-up?

From a certain point-of-view, the previous depositor's negligence put the 'honest' man in prison. Don't say he should be able to sue the careless guy, just making the point.....
I like you, but that is the most f*&ked up thing I have ever seen you post.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:

What is the context?

Is the person telling you in other words: You are too careless with your funds/property.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Fool me once---.
I believe in redemption, but it has to come from the inside regardless of the conditions. If trust can bring it forth, fine, but betrayal isn't a good start.
I also believe in an economic system that provides useful goods and services and the employment that encourages the commerce that makes the system work thru fair wages.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post

If the point is "character", it is made here. There are countless examples of folks in need doing the right thing, regardless.