Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I still view the world through a cold war liberal filter so I use terms like won lol

let me quess white guys in Canada did not take any native American land?
Nope but Richard King stole the ranch from one of my wife's ancestors. Jose Narciso Cavazos had been granted that land by the King of Spain.

And in truth Manifest Destiny was nowt but a land grab, the war was deliberate.

Quite recently the Canadian Government gave the Northwest Territories to the Innuit to run as they saw fit. Other than that they were no different than other European settlers with respect to the native peoples.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Ok since no one else has bought this one out I will.and it should be a good one for all interested,,ok what about the whole Mid east thig and when I say thing I mean that in Broad terms.DId the whole Thing stem from A simple Birth right.that seperated the Arabs from the Jewish.ok I am Dense so Dont jump on me,that is the reason I am asking and it is for clarification.
Strike this one down,ti is too wade a scope and there are too many tangibles.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:39 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Cleaon after WW I the league of Nations gave Britain a mandat to create a homeland for the Jewish people. Lord Balfour, whowas administering the mandate kind of screwed up, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelan..._Jewish_people
This is a movie (with all the attendant twists and turns Hollywood likes to throw in) that tells some of the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exodus_%281960_film%29
Old 12-31-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
This is a movie (with all the attendant twists and turns Hollywood likes to throw in) that tells some of the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exodus_%281960_film%29
Yea JJ seen that movie probaly were I get some theory on the Jewis Cause.If I i may be allowed to put it as a cause.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Jigsawed

It is difficult to get a clear view on the Middle East conflict re Israel because
of the dominance of Jews in the media.

From my reading between the lines.

Jews and Arabs in modern times use to live peacefully in the holy land.

Long long ago several times great many Jews were kicked out/fled the area.

Many of them went to Europe. They were often restricted to certain professions. One of them was banking at which they were very successful.
So over time Jews were associated rightly or wrongly with every economic
disaster or misfortune.

Politicians of all stripe played on that. The arrival of Adolph Hitler gave greater
impetus to the idea to the Jews that they need to go back to land of their own.

They were able to get other powerful people in governments to agree with
them out sympathy and through the connections of the influential Jewish family - Rothschild. One Walter Rothschild bought out the British Government..hence The Balfour Declaration.

Of course the mass of European Jews landing in Holy Land cause serious conflict to this day. They were able to defeat the Arabs
early in the conflict largely because a lot them of were expose to modern warfare of WW11.

Last edited by Dondilion; 12-31-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
the Republican policy of being against the extension of slavery into new states created from territory won from Mexico WAS the reason the South seceded....

when Lincoln was elected they left the union for that reason...he was against the extension

as the war dragged on and the price in human bloodshed rose the aims of the North changed as far as the issue of slavery itself as an institution.
In some ways yes, in some no.

http://mises.org/daily/952/Lincolns-Tariff-War

Chas
Old 12-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
In some ways yes, in some no.

http://mises.org/daily/952/Lincolns-Tariff-War

Chas
Tariff might be burdensome. But the South would never give up
free labor without violence. The South saw the threat coming and
decided to act under whatever cover.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:16 PM

Charles I have long since quit giving revisionists my time of day. Well I guess that is not entirely true....

I do not watch Duck Dynasty either

Every non-slavery issue which people try to insinuate as a cause of the war can be traced back to the issue of slavery.

Let's face it, in the 1700s the United States had allowed an institution already under attack by most of Western Civilization to become ingrained in our Southern economic system. By the middle of the next century Republicans came to the conclusion that owning other human beings would not be good for an expanding industrial society.
Their very first President, Lincoln, was too much for the South to handle. Like Obama is too much for the Tea Party to handle, but the situation was much more poloarized in the 1860s of course.

Brought to you by the TIP network. (Truth In Posting)...I guess I can take a leaf from the enemy's playbook lol.

back to my Russian horror fantasy novel
Old 12-31-2013, 03:20 PM

"The first recorded war occurred in c. 2700 B.C. It was between Sumer (in modern Iraq) and Elam (a region that is now part of Iran), and was fought in the area around Basra (just like the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s). Of course, tribes, cities, etc., had been fighting each other for thousands of years before that, but there are no records of these earlier conflicts as writing wasn't invented until a little before 3000 B.C. "

I just came across this Kinda reafirms my belief that more wars have ocurred in this region than anywere else on earth.
oops found another

Which was the first war fought in the history of mankind?
If we define war as a large-scale violent conflict between two states employing the military, the earliest recorded wars might have taken place between various city states in the Mesopotamian region during the period 3,000-2,300 BC in the Bronze Age. The first recorded evidence of such a war was the one between the two city states Lagash and Umma, estimated to have taken place in 2525 BC. From the stone slabs bearing inscriptions related to the war, it could be inferred that the war employed professional soldiers wearing helmets who moved on chariots. The weapons employed were maces and swords.

Last edited by one1; 12-31-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:

Every non-slavery issue which people try to insinuate as a cause of the war can be traced back to the issue of slavery.

back to my Russian horror fantasy novel
Salient!

BTW do you read Russian?