Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Old 02-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Resident octogenarian

Pete I once heard a lady describe childbirth at the procedure of pushing a grapefruit (skull) through a hole the diameter of a pencil lead (entrance/exit from the uterus). I do not propose to tell any woman how to manage her body since childbirth is something I am incapable or performing. The matter is entirely between her and her doctor. The procedure you pictured is rare and was developed for a medical reason. As I have not graduated from Johns Hopkins I am not going to second guess it.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 PM

everyone should have been aborted in the 1st place. problem solved
Old 02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

There can be no doubt what it is though.

I'm uncertain over the whole issue. It is very serious.

As far as childbirth, I always think of Bill Crosbys' telling about his wifes. She STOOD UP IN THE STIRRUPS AND SCREAMED,

GIVE ME DRUGS! lol

Part of original sin

Pete
Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The procedure you pictured is rare and was developed for a medical reason. As I have not graduated from Johns Hopkins I am not going to second guess it.
Rare may not aproach being a strong enough word. And illustrations like that are used to mislead people about what abortion really is.

But, at the same time, if people would be more reasonable about the discussion we could probably find solutions that make procedures like that virtually unknown (well, even more so than they already are). As long as we continue to use this as a divisive issue intended to make a bunch of men feel morally superior to another group of men we're unlikely to get anywhere.

Dunno. I know I don't like the dead fetus pictures being part of the discussion. If we used that argument, we'd make open heart surgery illegal. I'm sure it's nasty to look at too.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Open heart surgery isn't murder, it's repair.

No pics, fine. We can just stick with the written description, as if it's any less barbarous. I guess if it makes us feel superior to the savages who left their unwanted babies outside to die by exposure...

Or a happy picture perhaps

Pete
Old 02-07-2011, 03:30 PM

Well, Pete. Thanks for that.

Thing is, we're not so far apart on abortion. But as long as people refuse to have a reasonable discussion about how best to eliminate it we're not getting anywhere.

If you really think all human life is precious, from the moment of conception, why not use this picture?

Or this one:

Or this one:

Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Pete, I once sat through a video presentation of this proceedure with my brother.

We were at a rally for a Republican candidate in Warren, Ohio. When the crowd seemed less than enthusiastic they broke out the gore and started referring to Democrats as "baby killers". It was the most disgusting display of political insanity I had ever seen, and one of the things that turned me off to the GOP. If someones ideas are so vapid that they feel they must resort to such things to gain support, they won't get any votes from me.

Dave
Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

If you read my posts in this thread you'd see where I stand Blue. But not stating clearly what's at stake reminds me of the folks who wanted to stop showing the footage of the twin towers burning because it hurt their cause. Or the folks back during ww2 who wanted to stop showing the footage of pearl harbor burning because it hurt their cause. Over and over.

Let's at least be blunt about what we're actually discussing. Like men. I did not show a picture of what's left from a normal abortion.... actually they keep them as whole as possible because the parts are valuable. Hardly a handful of cells.

And I was harsh to use the word savages. But I consider the practice barbarous.

Pete
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
And I was harsh to use the word savages. But I consider the practice barbarous.

Pete
Then don't get one.