Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Not gonna happen mang. As big as the egos are, nobody will risk being the American that put Berry in for 4 more. Paul has already said he won't at least once.
I believe the Newster will do what ever it takes as I said, it's his football (in his mind) and if he's not QB he's taking it and going home.

If he really cared he'd be doing his best to rally all behind Mitt.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I was different when I was 18.

I slept in class, mainly because I had a hangover. And the teachers knew better than to wake me up, kinda a "let the sleeping dog lie" thing.

Had they taught me something I found interesting, I would have paid attention...hangover or not. And whenever I went to college, and worked evenings and paid my own way out of my own hip pocket, I was even less impressed.

But I always was a hard head, any very few could reach me. I guess if a teacher made things interesting enough to gather my attention, the school board would have ridden them out of town on a rail.

Chas
Different from now? I was much like the guy you describe but I was in Jr college at this point and didn't "have" to show up.

A good friend of mine just happened to have a book about two feet thick on The Fed (don't ask me why 17 and 18 year old drunk, pot heads would be into such a thing.) that I happened to read about a foot of before my attention span ran out. I've always wondered why these people were allowed to rule our country.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Different from now? I was much like the guy you describe but I was in Jr college at this point and didn't "have" to show up.

A good friend of mine just happened to have a book about two feet thick on The Fed (don't ask me why 17 and 18 year old drunk, pot heads would be into such a thing.) that I happened to read about a foot of before my attention span ran out. I've always wondered why these people were allowed to rule our country.
Two feet thick?

Are you as thick as a brick?

Our leaders have always been "annointed". Look at at the Bushes, the Rosevelts, the Gores. As FDR said, "There are no accidents in politics."

At least to the best of my recollection.

These fuckers shit between their legs just like you and I. The only reason I stand in awe of them is not because of their intellect, but because they can squash me like a bug anytime it suits them.

They control me by fear, and I'll admit to it.

Chas
Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Two feet thick?

Are you as thick as a brick?

Our leaders have always been "annointed". Look at at the Bushes, the Rosevelts, the Gores. As FDR said, "There are no accidents in politics."

At least to the best of my recollection.

These fuckers shit between their legs just like you and I. The only reason I stand in awe of them is not because of their intellect, but because they can squash me like a bug anytime it suits them.

They control me by fear, and I'll admit to it.

Chas
OK, but what does this have to do with the FED?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
OK, but what does this have to do with the FED?
They're holding my chips hostage?

We practice economic genocide in America now.

Chas
Old 01-20-2012, 11:09 PM

Erik, check out Warren Mosler's 7 Innocent Frauds of Economic Policy. It can be downloaded from his site for free and it will be the most valuable economics book you will ever read.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Resident octogenarian

D-Ray my only dependent was Florence, son long ago grown, heck he is now 46. Regarding November what choice is there, certainly not one of those four idiots everyone is watching at the moment. Why do you imagine that all the halfway intelligent Republicans refused to throw their hats in the ring. Can you say Tea Party and Evangelicals? The inmates are running the asylum.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Erik, check out Warren Mosler's 7 Innocent Frauds of Economic Policy. It can be downloaded from his site for free and it will be the most valuable economics book you will ever read.
Why thank you David. Currently rat holed on my E drive. After a quick glance, it looks to be one of those works that takes a complex subject and explains it rather the making it even more complicated.

Chas
Old 01-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:

Especially Greenspan that great believer in the unfettered free market. Hell even a high school dropout like me could have predicted the outcome, boom, bust, boom, bust,. . . .
Old 01-21-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Why thank you David. Currently rat holed on my E drive. After a quick glance, it looks to be one of those works that takes a complex subject and explains it rather the making it even more complicated.

Chas
Nailed it. He has a knack for cutting through all the BS and using examples that anyone can understand.