Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 PM

Perry throws in the towel

Another one bites the dust. Perry is gonna be throwing his support behind Newt. About time. If nothing else, the average iq of the remaining candidates just went up a few notches.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
Another one bites the dust. Perry is gonna be throwing his support behind Newt. About time. If nothing else, the average iq of the remaining candidates just went up a few notches.
Now if Santorum would quit Newt might have a chance.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Good. He left sooner than I expected. I'll give him a modicum of respect for that. I think Santorum will leave, but Newt and Paul will stay just for the publicity.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:18 PM

Ol'Frothy should have never been let in.

Some one is gonna pop up in about 6 months or so and make sure Obama stays where he's at.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Area Man

I think Newt is so full of himself that he'll hang on until his own party knocks him over the head and throws him out.

Then it'll be the Gov. Robamaney, out there all by his lonesome, trying to defend his indefensable past........................

Dave
Old 01-19-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I think Newt is so full of himself that he'll hang on until his own party knocks him over the head and throws him out.

Then it'll be the Gov. Robamaney, out there all by his lonesome, trying to defend his indefensable past........................

Dave
I'm sure Newt will convince Paul to join him as independant just to make sure no repub wins at that point. It's his football and he damn sure better be QB
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
I'm sure Newt will convince Paul to join him as independant just to make sure no repub wins at that point. It's his football and he damn sure better be QB
You know, I could see that conceited, arrogant prick doing that. Seriously.

And, it would be hilarious. Heck, I'd probably vote for them, even though I don't like Newt at all, just to keep things interesting.

Dave
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Paul has already admitted that he knows he won't get the nod. I think he's simply trying to apply pressure to the platform, not that anyone really believes it, or that anyone will really follow it.

Newt, this is his last shot at the pie in the sky. He ain't gonna quit until all he has left is the opportunity to peddle as much influence as he can garner.

Newt may be an asshole, but he's not a stupid asshole. And if he doesn't make it to the top of the greasy pole, he realizes that there is still a percentage left in the game for him.

Anyone who thinks the two will team up in a third party is delusional.

Chas
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 PM

The only republican capable of capturing a swing vote is Guy Smiley. Any other candidate is handing the election to the Dems on a silver platter. Actually, I'm not sure even Romney would put up enough of a fight.

Over the last few years, the Republicans have seemingly forgotten how to run a national election and I think there is enough of a divide in the party between fiscal and social conservatives that there is going to be trouble in that party for a long time.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 PM

I think the only one with a chance is Ron Paul. He is actually different enough from Obama that people will actually get that there are two totally different candidate out there.

Of course, his own party will never support him!