Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM

A good night for Ron Paul

Looks like he took 27% of the vote in Minnesota, second to Santorum and well ahead of Romney and Gingrich. For the first time, national polls have shown him to be in second place overall. Good job, Ron!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 AM

Hopefully the public see that Ron Paul is the only candidate with the answers for todays problems, even though they have been around for quiet a long time.

The Republicans have branded him "crazy", which caused me to investigate him, only to find that everything on his political platform is supported by the Constitution of the United States. So "crazy" means to them, the republican party, that if they can not control him, so destroy him and his "crazy" ideas of following Our Constitution.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that is not in someones pocket or dangling from the republican parties chain. If you really believe that Brock, Newt or Mitt will CHANGE anything for the better, I have some nice swampland in Florida that I would like to show you

Bill
Old 02-08-2012, 10:59 AM

My thoughts exactly, Bill. He actually seems like a true Republican of the old school. Dangerous for the new guys!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Loyal Opposition

I think that I Ron Paul were elected, the gridlock in Washington would make today's scene look like the Autobahn at midnight. He will carry very few, if any, like minded legislators with him. The establishment on both sides of the aisle would block the vast majority of his platform. We would go from what many think is a too powerful executive to an irrelevant executive.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-08-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I think that I Ron Paul were elected, the gridlock in Washington would make today's scene look like the Autobahn at midnight. He will carry very few, if any, like minded legislators with him. The establishment on both sides of the aisle would block the vast majority of his platform. We would go from what many think is a too powerful executive to an irrelevant executive.

Regards,

D-Ray
Might not be a bad thing. He would likely only last one term anyhow, and the American people might finally get a good read on what is going on in Washington.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Hopefully the public see that Ron Paul is the only candidate with the answers for todays problems, even though they have been around for quiet a long time.

The Republicans have branded him "crazy", which caused me to investigate him, only to find that everything on his political platform is supported by the Constitution of the United States. So "crazy" means to them, the republican party, that if they can not control him, so destroy him and his "crazy" ideas of following Our Constitution.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that is not in someones pocket or dangling from the republican parties chain. If you really believe that Brock, Newt or Mitt will CHANGE anything for the better, I have some nice swampland in Florida that I would like to show you

Bill
So, if the crazy people brand him crazy, he must be "the guy"?

I like that line of thinking.

Dave
Old 02-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

Regards,

D-Ray

Well d-ray,

Don't you think 4 years without 4 trillion dollar increases is better than 4 years with 8 trillion dollar increases ?

How about the novelty of a budget being submitted on time ?

And perhaps you might like a Bill to be passed, after everyone knew what was in it. And how it would affect our economy, and how much it would cost the taxpayers ?

I'm all for some positive gridlock on capital hill. Because as I see it, all we have now is NOTHING, because of a president that doesn't know what he is doing, along with his advisor's that don't know anything either. They don't teach real life situations in todays colleges.

YES, I WANT SOME REAL CHANGES IN WASHINGTON D.C.

I WANT SOME ASSES KICKED, AND NUMBERS TAKEN !

Bill
Old 02-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
So, if the crazy people brand him crazy, he must be "the guy"?

I like that line of thinking.

Dave

It's like I said Dave,

The advantage of being an Independent, is to be able to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Perhaps you might like to see some real corrections to our economy rather than 4 more years of bailouts and financial easing.

The Democrats believe Obama is doing a GREAT job ? And the Republicans want what ? Their just hoping to win without a viable candidate, except for a "nut", Ron Paul, someone they know that they can not control for their pushing and expanding their parties policies.

Bill, for CHANGE !
Old 02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Old Ronnie has some great ideas, and some bad ones too.

It would take something of a revolution to bring the fed gov't back where it belongs. I don't think it's possible.

Pete
Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
It's like I said Dave,

The advantage of being an Independent, is to be able to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Perhaps you might like to see some real corrections to our economy rather than 4 more years of bailouts and financial easing.

The Democrats believe Obama is doing a GREAT job ? And the Republicans want what ? Their just hoping to win without a viable candidate, except for a "nut", Ron Paul, someone they know that they can not control for their pushing and expanding their parties policies.

Bill, for CHANGE !
FWIW, I registered Independent as soon as my state would allow it. I like having no party, and I have voted both ways. Although voting GOP gets harder all of the time. It's not because I think the Dems have the answers, it's mostly because I can't stand the tactics and propaganda of the right. When someone tries to twist my love for my country and my people into some sort of obligation to vote for their party it really pisses me off. The constant and increasingly feeble attempts to paint themselves as pious, Godly people is nausiating too. It leads me to believe that even they, themselves know they wouldn't survive a day without all of the silly flagwaiving BS to prop them up.

I have my own personal concerns and beliefs, this is true. But, I am an American first. And my people are my nation. The well being of my people comes above all else. And I don't see how swearing allegiance to either the government, or the corporate masters who grow fat upon our labors is supposed to serve the best interests of the common man.

Dave