Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:00 PM

BMW exported 70 percent of the 276,000 cars it built 2011in Spartanburg, SC, helping South Carolina overtake Michigan as the No. 1 exporter of automobiles. BMW X3, X5, and X6 go from Spartanburg to 130 countries.

Mercedes-Benz exports half of its cars made at its Birmingham, Ala. plant to countries outside NAFTA.

Link
Old 05-26-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
"The Germans are evil, very evil!"

I told this quote to a close AK friend - close friend for many years - (and Trump devotee, unfortunately) in a private message today. Although I am familiar with his political attitude, his reply was simply shocking. Such a quantity of ignorance is simply shocking.

I consider to quote his reply here, but I do not know if I can actually do this, even if I do not mention his name. He never joins this forum, by the way.

Don or Bob, tell me if I can do that. It is an authentic document of the current mindset of a typical Trumpist.
Chris ignorance begets ignorance and most if not all of Trump supporters are either ignorant, choose to be ignorant or hypocrites. I have a handful of friends who are in this category and there is no point in having an intelligent discussion with them about politics. I write them off as poor judges of character whereas they are good people in every other regard that I know of.

Besides we own three German made/origin cars, so I say piss on them.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:04 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
There is an expectation that private messages will be private. I say proceed only if 1) you offer absolutely no more clues to the person's identity, and 2) you paraphrase rather than quote directly.
I was very upset yesterday. Last night's sleep has been restful and the first thing I thought when I woke up this morning was "Private messages are private and they have to stay private."

I expect integrity from others - but I also expect integrity from myself.

Pity.

I think that I am not capable of paraphrasing the message: it would most likely lose it's ...well...let's say...

...lose it's pep.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:12 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Chris ignorance begets ignorance and most if not all of Trump supporters are either ignorant, choose to be ignorant or hypocrites. I have a handful of friends who are in this category and there is no point in having an intelligent discussion with them about politics. I write them off as poor judges of character whereas they are good people in every other regard that I know of.

Besides we own three German made/origin cars, so I say piss on them.
Well, as I already mentioned - I'm familiar with his paranoid political attitude for a long time. I broke with several AK members with similar unbearable attitudes. But this guy is different. So lovely, so caring, so nicely talkative... It is not possible to estimate the number of messages he sent to me in the last five years, but it must be approximately 300 or even more.

I hope that we will stay friends. If not, I will give you guys an update on this.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:44 AM

Chris, I feel safe in making this statement. I would rather open my home to a unknown German tourist then unknown Trump supporter. Every German citizen I have had the pleasure of knowing were intelligent thoughtful and generous. Most of all the teenage exchange students. All things most Trump supporters are not.

I now willingly ignore and avoid all of those family and friends who are riding this train of destruction with great delight. The term talking to a brick wall comes to mind.......

He has given a new face to the term Ugly American!

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 05-27-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
"The Germans are evil, very evil!"

I told this quote to a close AK friend - close friend for many years - (and Trump devotee, unfortunately) in a private message today. Although I am familiar with his political attitude, his reply was simply shocking. Such a quantity of ignorance is simply shocking.

I consider to quote his reply here, but I do not know if I can actually do this, even if I do not mention his name. He never joins this forum, by the way.

Don or Bob, tell me if I can do that. It is an authentic document of the current mindset of a typical Trumpist.

Trump supporters have become very vocal and public about their hate.

I have nothing but admiration for you and most of the posters on this board. You could likely guess who the exceptions are. Trump is an ass. My grandparents came from Germany, they were good people.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:29 AM

This should cheer you up a bit. Macron, Trudeau and Merkel make Trump look like the old, useless fool that he is.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...and-a-bromance
Old 05-27-2017, 09:29 AM

Idiots Abroad...
Old 05-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Jigsawed

Bershidsky to Trump: There is no easy fix for the German surplus.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...german-surplus
Old 05-27-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Bershidsky to Trump: There is no easy fix for the German surplus.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...german-surplus
Bershidsky on Trump.
Quote:
During his first foreign trip since he was elected, President Donald Trump didn't look too out of place in Saudi Arabia or even in the Vatican. In Brussels, however, he was a befuddled elephant in a china shop, doing his best to convince European leaders that the U.S. was clueless on key cooperation issues.
I will venture to say that Trump is probably least bit concerned about the German surplus. Tax break for the 1%, repeal Obamacare to create more wealth for the 1%, enrich Trump Inc. and he is done. Trump should be applying for political asylum for himself & family from Putin.