Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Chris it really is ignorance on the part of the Tea Party types. You simply have to hear any of them speak, what comes out is mostly incoherent. Where they get their insane ideas I have no idea. You simply cannot tell them a damn thing because they all think they are founts of wisdom.
I had a lengthy, (and futile), argument with an old friend who has gone Tea Party this morning. To keep it short, I'd say it's not so much ignorance as it is fear. Their world is changing, rapidly, they don't like it and they're "digging in" as he put it. They have "knowledge", Rob. The problem is that it all comes from Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck..........................

Dave
Old 10-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Mutated Member

The Republicans seem to be an interesting species. (I do not intend to offend any member here in this forum with republican attititudes, I really like to emphazise that.)

I would like to learn anything about them as far as I can before it is too late. So those ahmmm let's say TPF's - they actually rule partly the biggest country in the world? That is pretty gruesome, because they also rule me to some extent - because everything in this modern world depends on everything more or less, via international politics/economy everybody and everything is connected with everybody and everything.

Oh my. So what about the retired Mr. Bush sr. ? Is he a "normal" republican or rather a TPF? Recently two queer ladies married. He joined the marriage and even signed the contract as witness. That is confusing. Repuplicans consider homosexuality, Aids as well, as a creation of the devil, I supposed.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Domestic terrorism at its finest. I often wonder how the government is supposed to protect us from "enemies domestic" when it is so full of them. Kind of an interesting quandary.
This morning I was told that "Obama plans to bring in Marshall Law!"

I asked,

"Before or after you True Patriots decide it's time to overthrow the government?"

The answer?

"What in the hell are you talking about? Nobody said anything about that."

Hoo, BOY. They don't even listen to themselves.

Dave
Old 10-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
The Republicans seem to be an interesting species. (I do not intend to offend any member here in this forum with republican attititudes, I really like to emphazise that.)

I would like to learn anything about them as far as I can before it is too late. So those ahmmm let's say TPF's - they actually rule partly the biggest country in the world? That is pretty gruesome, because they also rule me to some extent - because everything in this modern world depends on everything more or less, via international politics/economy everybody and everything is connected with everybody and everything.

Oh my. So what about the retired Mr. Bush sr. ? Is he a "normal" republican or rather a TPF? Recently two queer ladies married. He joined the marriage and even signed the contract as witness. That is confusing. Repuplicans consider homosexuality, Aids as well, as a creation of the devil, I supposed.
"Rule the country? No. Although I suspect they're trying. By todays standards former President Bush would appear quite "normal", maybe even a bit to the left.

Chris, we can't really generalize the entire party. Especially not now. It's kind of a two headed creature right now. Full of internal strife. There is no way to know where it will be in 2 or 3 years.

Dave
Old 10-06-2013, 10:54 AM

This group is driven by ideology and not logic. Forget compromise, ever. I am right therefore you are wrong. How can you get into a discussion with these people.

Reduce government size. How? Not a clue.
Reduce taxes. OK. Where? Not a clue. Answer = Sequester.
Do away with regulations. Really? Go visit a third world city and drink their water.
No more abortions. What do you do with unwanted children?
No more food stamps. Let people die?
It's back to the three G's. God, Guns and Gay's.
And we are supposed to be an enlightened society living in a democracy.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:

Bush Sr. is very much old school GOP, still believing in the working class but from a business angle as opposed to Democrat angle of people as the most important resource.
You guys all read how goofy liberal Berkeley is, almost all representation was Republican in the 1960's.
IIRC, Nixon's health care bill back in the 1970's was single payer and we would have it now except for the Democrats successfully fighting it like a bunch of dumbasses.
Bush Sr. sacrificed his second term as president to do the right thing and breaking his campaign vow of no new taxes after nobody could right the ship after the failure of Reagan's policies.
His type, and his son actually, are gone from the scene. Jr. was a moderate who followed bad advice from people who should be in prison. But it all was his call in the end.

Carl
Old 10-06-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
So these Tea Party politicians are insane Republicans? Sorry for such basic questions, but I am still learning.
they have gotten control over the selection process at the local level of Party and have very rich millionaires to support really extreme candidates...thus they are scaring your normal moderate Republican to death since they are afraid of losing their seats in preliminary INTRAPARTY contests called primaries.

it is probably hard to understand unless you are really familiar with American system.

To many including myself it seems the Tea Party wants to make the leader of the House a Prime Minister....which in Germany would be a Chancellor....

verboten here! lol
Old 10-06-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:

do not worry offending Republicans is what I live for!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I had a lengthy, (and futile), argument with an old friend who has gone Tea Party this morning. To keep it short, I'd say it's not so much ignorance as it is fear. Their world is changing, rapidly, they don't like it and they're "digging in" as he put it. They have "knowledge", Rob. The problem is that it all comes from Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck..........................

Dave

The trouble with them is that they do not know history. They want to 'take America back' yeah back to the 1890s.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Mutated Member

Okay icenine! This is inspired by the divine, the allmighty, the Godfather of American mind, spirit and anything precious else, the great great Frank Zappa:

Republicans are not dead, they just smell funny! (I think all people living in the past "smell" strange.)

Anyway, I would like to shout at those tea party freaks: "Gentlemen! Arm yourselves with the weapon of common sense!"

Dave I would never do so. Generalization is stupid. It was used just yesterday by a deeply appreciated AK member (therefore very confusing to me) - he remarked "Koreans are liars!" Such generalizations are wrong and stupid.

I think a lot of Republicans, left or even average, could at least convert to good sense if they would realize the huge importance, not only for the American people, to do so.

Yes icenine it is very difficult to understand the particularities - I try to get at least a bit familiar with the system.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 10-06-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Spelling, Grammar