Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Area Man

Something similar to this, but on a much larger scale, of course and obviously the circumstances are different;

http://www.suntimes.com/news/jackson...on-harbor.html

It's down to he final week of the election and it looks like there's a strong chance Romney will lose. And a cabal of far right wingers in the congress and the military decide they just aren't having it. Somebody has to step in and "save America". Americans wake up one morning, days before the election to hear, "Sorry folks the election has been suspended. President Obama has been arrested."

Think such a thing is really all that far fetched?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Something similar to this, but on a much larger scale, of course and obviously the circumstances are different;

It's down to he final week of the election and it looks like there's a strong chance Romney will lose. And a cabal of far right wingers in the congress and the military decide they just aren't having it. Somebody has to step in and "save America". Americans wake up one morning, days before the election to hear, "Sorry folks the election has been suspended. President Obama has been arrested."

Dave
Thanks for giving me the creeps.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Admin

Similar scenario in my nightmares except I've always joked (since Ronnie Raygun) that I'll be out in the Mojave in a re-education tent city spending my final years digging slit trenches. What's worse is that now in my nightmare is that DJ is in the next bunk reminding me of my comments about herding tarantulas and scorpions and laughing his ass off.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Resident octogenarian

WHen you look at the police behaviour during the Occupy events we are not too far removed from a police state now.

When they show up in riot gear everything looks like a riot to them.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinE View Post
Thanks for giving me the creeps.
You're welcome. Any time, Bro!

Dave
Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
WHen you look at the police behaviour during the Occupy events we are not too far removed from a police state now.

I agree, regardless of any Occupy stuff.

Take a look around. How many officers do you see in a traditional police uniform, how many do you see garbed up like military combat troops?

I think there's a lot of desensitization going on to combat-style police operations/tactics. Even our small town force has gone from what I'd call a traditional police uniform to something more akin to an all black BDU/tactical uniform complete with bloused pants and boots.

Last edited by whoaru99; 04-07-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Seeing that up here too. Cops looking more like army than police.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Area Man

I remember stepping off a train in Cannes, France and seeing "police" wearing berets, combat boots, fatigues and carrying fully automatic weapons patrolling the station. A far cry from the pudgy donut eaters sitting in their Crown Vics typically seen here in the '80s.

Dave
Old 04-07-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

They tried that in Dundee (Scotland). A guy phoned up local radio and said "Occupy Dundee? I don't want to occupy Dundee and I live here" I've not worded this right but spoken in a broad Dundee accent it came over well.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Dave
That scenario might be the same if you change Romney from losing to winning.