Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Thankfully, nobody on the right has commented upon Michael Moore's films without having seen them (I haven't seen them either).
Old 08-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I only cry for dogs, humans aren't worthy of my tears. This is so typical for you guys, commenting on, and even passing judgement on something you've never seen. Sort of explains how Obama got into the white house.
How very Randian of you. Is it because humans won't kiss your ass the way your dogs do?

Ever watched a Moore film? Even if you haven't, my guess is you hate the guy anyways. It cuts both ways, my friend.

Anyhow. No I haven't seen the movie and probably won't. But, I have seen the extended trailer and that was enough to get the gist of it. I suspect the other 86 minutes are more of the same.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I only cry for dogs, humans aren't worthy of my tears. This is so typical for you guys, commenting on, and even passing judgement on something you've never seen. Sort of explains how Obama got into the white house.
Jay,

Snap the fuck out of it.

There are political scientists that knew how you would feel tonight before you did. At this stage of your life you are nothing but a component in Ohm's Political Law of passive tools.

The only time the puppet masters are left guessing is when you change your game. That's where independent voters matter more and more.

I guarantee the puppet masters are betting that we can't get along.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Jay,

Snap the fuck out of it.

There are political scientists that knew how you would feel tonight before you did. At this stage of your life you are nothing but a component in Ohm's Political Law of passive tools.

The only time the puppet masters are left guessing is when you change your game. That's where independent voters matter more and more.

I guarantee the puppet masters are betting that we can't get along.
That's why I went out and registered Independent the instant my state allowed it. I also write emails to both Dem and Rep politicians as well as visit websites connected to both parties.

Keeps the fuckers guessing. Unfortunately, it also means I get junk mail and email beggarings from EVERYONE, even politicians in other states.

Dave
Old 08-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I too am a registered Independent since about 2003 when Dubya showed me the error in my ways for having voted for him in 2000.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
This is so typical for you guys, commenting on, and even passing judgement on something you've never seen. Sort of explains how Obama got into the white house.
Actually he was elected because the country was sick of Bush and his wars in Iraq and Afghanistan...you remember it now don't you? And the 4000 plus Americans who did not come home? Iraq is really a democracy now isn't it?
I did not have to watch a movie to vote for Kerry or Obama, my tour in Iraq gave me all the info I needed to make those decisions.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Area Man

Yeah, the Bush administration pretty much sucked. And ugly reality some of us just can't seem to come to grips with. It will take years to recover from that utter disaster. It's a miracle there is anything left of this country at all. Something tells me that if not for the actions we've had to shove down the rightwings throats, we'd all be begging in the streets.

Dave
Old 08-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yeah, the Bush administration pretty much sucked. And ugly reality some of us just can't seem to come to grips with. It will take years to recover from that utter disaster. It's a miracle there is anything left of this country at all. Something tells me that if not for the actions we've had to shove down the rightwings throats, we'd all be begging in the streets.

Dave
I hate to admit that on 9/11 or 9/12, I said to the wife, "Maybe the Shrub is the right President for this." Kind of idiotic in retrospect even for a Dem but like most, I suspect, I wasn't thinking too clearly. Particularly after seeing one side of the Pentagon caved in and burning plus the NYC skyline looking like it's two front teeth had been knocked out.
The Iraqi debacle with it's KBR, Halliburton and Blackwater subcontractors doing the war profiteer, no bid - two step was in itself enough for at least a conviction or ten but still we get some members throwing a fit when any criticism is leveled at him or his administration. I've got a movie if you're up for it Jay - "Iraq For Sale"- lot's of interviews and some pretty damning stuff from the troops and from some employees of KBR. Cheney's claims of not having any control over his holdings in KBR through the so called blind trust (IIRC It was his wife who was trustee) are crazy no matter how it's looked at. No bid contracts with virtually carte blanc limits written in? Here's a link. It's about five years old so no super PAC funding but an interesting view of how we spent so much precious blood and money on a complete fabrication of the Bush administration. The economic debacle that came after had a lot of hands in it but where was Bush's justice dept. and the S.E.C. during all of it? I can't believe that any of Bush's supporters think he and his administration have clean hands. Watch the movie - I'll even spring for popcorn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zt9BZD7mlc
Old 08-26-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Superpac money being used to make movies and documentary stuff?

That would be my guess.

The polls still aren't reflecting the "bloodbath" you have predicted. How does that make you feel?

Dave
Wrong again, do you ever get tired of that. Oh wait, I forgot, a good lib doesn't let things like facts get in their way. I'm talking about a movie and you guys are at war with Iraq. I will agree completely that we can thank God everyday that Oby got us out of Afghanistan. Oh crap, wait a minute, he actually doubled down there, didn't he. Well poop, now I'm back to him not doing a thing for me. That's alright though, as we are getting ready to toss his ass out on his big clown looking ear.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:26 PM

Big Difference: Obama inherited the War in Afghanistan. He will never be blamed for it. And he never said he would pull of of Afghanistan during the 2008 campaign...just Iraq. I do not agree with the policy either but Romney is sure to keep us there longer in my opinion than Obama if he is re-elected. Also that part of the world is much more dangerous threat to us than Iraq ever was.