Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
One of the? How 'bout THE. You're absolutely right. That's what Clinton did and it worked. Called it the "Peace Dividend".
Clinton did is cover his butt for the time he was in office. He let that pot simmer and explode for the next guy.

His foreign policy was a joke.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Area Man

I think we could cut millitary funding by a third and still have more than we really need.

But, the Military Industrial Complex wouldn't stand for that, now would they?
"Ohhhh, you're starving the Troops! In a time of war, you're going to take their bullets away and leave them unarmed in a combat zone? Why are you trying to weaken America?"

Regards,
Dave
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Clinton did is cover his butt for the time he was in office. He let that pot simmer and explode for the next guy.

His foreign policy was a joke.
Hum, we'll have to differ on our perception of this. I think Bush is 100% responsible for the mess we're in now. I do not think the decisions he made have created a safer world for us and in fact have made things much worse. And he did it in a way that will insure we'll be in this situation for a generation. I do not believe history will be kind to GW. I believe Clinton was right. Look at Iraq for instance. His policy was containment. We rolled in there for dubious reasons and found nothing. I think it's a crime that it wasn't widly regarded as confirmation that Clinton's policy worked and Iraq posed little threat to the United States. At the same time the situation in Iran was allowed to develop unchecked for nearly a decade. Not sure how you get that one back under control or if you even can.

Clearly you see it differetnly, but in my view, Clinton did it better and at far less cost in dollars and lives. Though I respect your opinion. I'm no military scholar and could be absolutely wrong. Just going on the information I have and I think we can agree there's a lot we don't know about these things.