Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-15-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
1) I don't bet.

2) Yes, it would be Trump's fault if he fails to get the nomination, but that would be the same for any candidate.

It sounds like you're trying to "triangulate" with this line of questioning. YOU believe that Trump will be nominated - absent the impact of legal issues - because you believe no one else in the party would willingly, or is able to, challenge him. You're so sure you want to bet on it. And you think I'm being dismissive of your question because I won't take your bet.

All I can offer you is this:

- Trump had some good ideas but also some nasty baggage and worse packaging.
- His star is fading, helped by his own actions and statements, and some rather aggressive (IMHO) pursuit by a phalanx of Dem-aligned gov't attorneys. Did he give these attorneys much of the rope that they're trying to tie him up with? Sure.
- A lot can happen between now and 2024, but I think the two bullets above will go a long way to making Trump politically toxic. In 2007, everyone believed that Hillary Clinton was the presumptive 2008 nominee....until Obama's stock started to rise. It's the nature of politics, and I have no doubt that the nature of politics will have a lot to say before we get to November 2024.
You seem to be already making excuses for Trump is he loses in 2024.
With 90% of the Repubs supporting him, how can he lose the nomination? Now the party itself may not want Trump to be their nominee, but without the requisite spherical ornaments, they are SOL.

And you are equating Hillary's popularity (or lack there of) to Trump's divine status within the GQP and cult like following. No wonder you don't bet.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:52 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Rules for Thee, Not for Me

Quote:
It's your claim. You go do the legwork to support it.

I'll help you a little. I've stated many times that I never liked the nasty tweets. I never thought he was a great candidate. In fact, the first time - I think it was for 2012? - that he put his toe in the water, I think I posted tongue in cheek that it would make for great television to see him run but he'd never get anywhere. I never liked his self-inflating claims, and have said many times that he's his own worst enemy and needs to know when to shut up.

Now, go support your claim.

Just as I said, only mealy-mouthed equivocations. He, his campaign, his administration and his other enablers have been a non-stop crime wave for the past 6 years. It is far more than nasty tweets and self- inflating claims. Look at the number of indictments, convictions and ongoing investigations. He’s a crime boss.

Last edited by finnbow; 09-15-2022 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:06 PM

The 9 Trump associates who've had their phones seized by federal agents

https://www.businessinsider.com/9-tr...orities-2022-9

Pretty much every one of Donny's enablers figured the rules didn't apply to them. Oopsie!
Old 09-15-2022, 04:22 PM

I'd guess Whell Mansplains everything to his female coworkers, too. They must find him, er, entertaining!
Old 09-15-2022, 04:32 PM

Ex-Trump official says DOJ investigating him over potential felony violations

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/15/tru...-federal-probe

Another case of Rules for Thee, Not for Me Trump enabler. This guy was one of the worst of the bunch.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
You seem to be already making excuses for Trump is he loses in 2024.
With 90% of the Repubs supporting him, how can he lose the nomination? Now the party itself may not want Trump to be their nominee, but without the requisite spherical ornaments, they are SOL.

And you are equating Hillary's popularity (or lack there of) to Trump's divine status within the GQP and cult like following. No wonder you don't bet.
Are you serious? That 90% number is wildly inaccurate. It's barely 60% for Repubs...and falling. But where Trump won in 2016 by peeling off some Dem voters and doing well with independent voters, he's lost those votes. 90% of Dems don't even want to see him on a ballot. 67% of independents don't want him on a ballot.

And where in the world do you see my comments as "making excuses"?!? It's a matter of just being honest about what I think.

Good Lord!
Old 09-15-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Just as I said, only mealy-mouthed equivocations. He, his campaign, his administration and his other enablers have been a non-stop crime wave for the past 6 years. It is far more than nasty tweets and self- inflating claims. Look at the number of indictments, convictions and ongoing investigations. He’s a crime boss.
Just as I said, you made a claim and can't back it up. So, you tell me I'm equivocating. That's laughable, but not surprising.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:55 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Just as I said, you made a claim and can't back it up. So, you tell me I'm equivocating. That's laughable, but not surprising.
It really is quite humorous watching you pretend you're not a Trump lickspittle and an apologist for the authoritarian takeover of the GOP. Like your Dear Leader, you simply have no shame.

Also, shrink your damn graphic.
Old 09-15-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It really is quite humorous watching you pretend you're not a Trump lickspittle and an apologist for the authoritarian takeover of the GOP. Like your Dear Leader, you simply have no shame.

Also, shrink your damn graphic.
It's really quite humorous watching you try to squirm out of proving one of your bevy of BS comments. Just like the post above, you just can't help dipping into false association fallacies. But you're like a deer in the headlights when challenged to prop up your false association fallacies with proof.

Keep it going though. It's a source of amusement.
Old 09-16-2022, 07:36 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
It's really quite humorous watching you try to squirm out of proving one of your bevy of BS comments. Just like the post above, you just can't help dipping into false association fallacies. But you're like a deer in the headlights when challenged to prop up your false association fallacies with proof.

Keep it going though. It's a source of amusement.
You're denying that you reflexively defend Trump? With all due respect, you're delusional. That's pretty much the only thing you do on this board.