Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:53 PM

Is it my imagination or has there been a huge increase in tractor trailer trucks on our highways....out here both the far right and second to far right lanes on the interstate are clogged with semis. A slower moving car will get run over in the right lanes.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Is it my imagination or has there been a huge increase in tractor trailer trucks on our highways....out here both the far right and second to far right lanes on the interstate are clogged with semis. A slower moving car will get run over in the right lanes.
TN is about the same way. And in the job section it is clogged with multiple businesses posting ''growing company now hiring professional drivers to add to our team. OTR experience a must.'' Lots of trucks hauling Chinese goods.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:22 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
What about the people who paid their vehicles off over a decade ago and have no way in hell of being able to borrow and repay a loan for a new car now? They do their best to save up about 3-500 to rebuild the engine or transmission if and when need be and must make do with ''what they have?'' And a newer used car breaks down it cost a Whole Lot More to repair then their older one. Is it fair to bend them over with 6.00 a gallon gas to teach everyone to get away from anything other than smallest up to date gas saving thing on the market?

As a mechanic, I see this a-lot, and from a-lot of good people who worked their asses off and can not afford payments on anything, they do the very best they can with what they have, and couldn't afford to trade their liability insurance they carry on their paid for vehicle for full coverage insurance on a vehicle that would be required by any bank to carry on anything that you borrow for. Yall have no idea how many people would hurt by fucking them into paying more tax for fuel, or forcing them to loose their home trying to pay for a car that everyone else thinks they orta drive.

It is very easy to agree to If You Can Afford It. But for those who can't, it only adds doom to their already poverty stricken situation. And no, not everyone can sell their rual home and move to town, because for one, the difference in housing costs are so much higher near or in town they'd not have enough to buy another home.

And to be honest, the reason it does get my attention is because ''I am'' one of those people who can't afford it.
you make a very good point. I drive an old car, albeit one with reasonable gas mileage.

Let's collect taxes from uber rich USA companies headquartered in the Cayman islands.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Forgive my ignorance on tax dodgers but I am quite anxious to hear your ideas on how to collect taxes better. (Hint: K Street)
Well first you stop corruption. Limit political contributions and go hard on kickbacks.

Where there is a will there's a way. It's not like the Cayman islands can defeat us in combat

Corruption is the issue.

or you want to keep going after the little guy just squeezing by?
Old 04-16-2015, 10:39 PM

It's like the Swiss.. always neutral in a war. .. nothing wrong with that but they do it because they profit. How much nazi gold do they have? Sure they never gassed anyone. . They just took the money and it's gone. . They want to be neutral. Great, send in Nato because they won't fight and we open every one of those vaults, return stolen goods to the rightful heirs or descendants of. Dealing with war criminals ought to be a crime. Cayman islands want to profit of us? Send in the Marines and recover our rightful taxes.

Should be a crime to bank with impunity.
http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilre...-billions.html

Last edited by matteos; 04-16-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:45 PM
Ready

You're as war-happy as a neocon, just a different target set....
Old 04-17-2015, 09:44 AM

Tax codes are written by congress with loopholes specified by the lobbyists. Corporations then take full advantage of these loopholes. It's all perfectly legal. And the members of House and Senate get reelected at overwhelming rates.

So who is at fault here?