Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 PM

Governor Brown Signs Ban On Open Handgun Carrying

What nobody gonna talk about this one?

Being one who has a lifetime conceal and carry permit and more then one available . But most people consider me a Liberal and on this site I would like to heal from someone in California about the law.

Will one still be able to get a permit to carry concealed?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...dgun-carrying/

Barney
Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
What nobody gonna talk about this one?

Being one who has a lifetime conceal and carry permit and more then one available . But most people consider me a Liberal and on this site I would like to heal from someone in California about the law.

Will one still be able to get a permit to carry concealed?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...dgun-carrying/

Barney
I've given up on this once great state. There are just too many weirdos, moonbats, moonbeams, foreigners, left wingers, turd pushing Nancys, and assorted environmental mental cases. Currently, with Brown in office and Obama's Carteresque malaise it feels like 1978 without the good parts. Gun control here has long been restrictive even though it hasn't shown any efficacy in reducing murders or violent crime. I tolerate it only because I live in San Diego which is still somewhat conservative, but I'm eyeballing other states that are less regulated.

Last edited by bhunter; 10-11-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
I've given up on this once great state. There are just too many weirdos, moonbats, moonbeams, foreigners, left wingers, turd pushing Nancys, and assorted environmental mental cases. Currently, with Brown in office and Obama's Carteresque malaise it feels like 1978 without the good parts. Gun control here has long been restrictive even though it hasn't shown any efficacy in reducing murders or violent crime. I tolerate it only because I live in San Diego which is still somewhat conservative, but I'm eyeballing other states that are less regulated.
No. No bigotry to be found on the right. Why they'd never dream of it, angelic, wide eyed, lovers of all things Godly and Patriotic that they are.

Tee hee, hee, heeeeeee.........

Dave
Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
I've given up on this once great state. There are just too many .............

I tolerate it only because I live in San Diego which is still somewhat conservative, but I'm eyeballing other states that are less regulated.
I remember the way my father said farewell to California as we left the state, Good by the "Land of the Fruits and Nuts". But I was pissed to be leaving, but what are you gonna do when to young to vote!

I loved living out there (Monterey Salinas) but that was back many years ago. Last time I was in Antiock and the Bay area to visit it was sure a change to see. I might go an hour without hearing American being spoken. Not a bad thing just different then what I'm used to.

I am wondering if one can get a permit to carry a loaded weapon in California under this law then what is the problem. We have a conceal and carry law, personally I would not want to carry an exposed weapon myself. Plus I always thought when seeing one doing so it was a form of either to show off or to intimidate.

We have a free gun range close by my house and one does not have to pass any IQ test to get a permit it seems. Some of the users have trashed the place, I keep looking for it to be shut down at any time. Gun safety to more then a few is meant for others.

Barney
Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Jigsawed

You show me your gun to intimidate me and I show you my gun to indicate that I am not intimidated. O.K. now it is all about the fastest gun.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
No. No bigotry to be found on the right. Why they'd never dream of it, angelic, wide eyed, lovers of all things Godly and Patriotic that they are.

Tee hee, hee, heeeeeee.........

Dave
The only group I took a shot at was the gay contingent, but ever since Merrylander used "turd pushing Nancies" I use it because it brings a chuckle.

Weirdos? It only means someone strange and eccentric. Lots of that here.
Foreigners? Check. One in four foreign born.
Moonbats is derogatory for lefties. They're all over California
Moonbeam endearingly refers to Govenor Brown.
Gays? Check. Queer, here, and proudly in your face.
Environmental Whack Jobs? Yep, the really nutty ones come here.

You should all be happy that a lot of these people relocate to California.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I remember the way my father said farewell to California as we left the state, Good by the "Land of the Fruits and Nuts". But I was pissed to be leaving, but what are you gonna do when to young to vote!

Barney
I'd like to help you son, but you're too young to vote.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-11-2011, 12:56 PM

Meh, I have worked with many people in west berkeley for a couple decades and they always kept a loaded sidearm in the glove compartment. If you tell the cop if he pulls you over then its all good, nobody I know ever had any trouble ever.
As a matter of fact my boss caught somebody trying break into customers car and he opened fire. Because the cops had to respond they had to cite him for discharging in city limits, a ticket that the judge dismissed.
Same thing with a working stiff smoking a joint. If you are cool then nobody cares.
Live and let live, yep I like it here.

Carl
Old 10-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Banned

Az. has the best carry laws...none.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:54 PM

I don't carry a firearm.

Don't lock my doors either.

But I'm a tough guy from Bugtussell.

Chas