Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-05-2023, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Call me names if it makes you feel better, but my question still remains. Why should American tax payers fund Israeli attacks on Hamas terrorists and Gaza civilians to the tune of $14 Billion? Let Israel pay its own way since I do not see either the need nor a return for the $14B of our tax payer money. Besides this will encourage the Sheiks and Mullahs to escalate the current crisis.
Oh..now he's a fucking victim...qwitcher fucking sniveling. Either that or take back your Jew bashing bigot bullshit about the "targeting" of Palestinian civilians. Just admit your bigotry got the better of you and it won't happen again. That or...

...remain the Jew bashing anti-Semite you are, because you outed your fucking self.

Or tell ya what...now that I have the scoop on you...I don't give a shit what you say.

Hamas is responsible for the deaths of Palestinian civilians...either as casualties in an airstrike on a rocket launcher installation purposefully set up by Hamas in the parking lot of an apartment complex, school, mosque, or hospital...or murdered directly by Hamas for buying the wrong car from the wrong guy in the neighborhood.

Israelis just want to be left the fuck alone. The day of the last rocket attack, mortar attack, or ground attack on Israeli civilians will be the last day any Palestinian civilians are killed in an Israeli retaliatory air strike on a Hamas war installation. The day Israel knows that weapons of terror are not going to be shipped to Hamas by the Iranians or the Russians is the day the joint Israel/Egypt blockade will be over.

And you fucking know it. Everybody on this forum knows it.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 11-05-2023 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-05-2023, 11:49 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Israelis just want to be left the fuck alone...
Except those who illegally settle the West Bank (and those supporting these settlements (e.g., Bibi's coalition)), assassinate a Prime Minister (Yitzhak Rabin) for seeking peace, murder 29 and wound 125 Muslim worshippers in the Cave of the Patriach in Hebron (Bibi's National Security Minister hangs the mass murderer's portrait in his office), and engage in provocative, intrusive protests on the Temple Mount, among many other indignities.

For a person who knows so little about the realities on the ground in Israel and environs, you sure do have strong opinions about matters there. It's far more complicated than your simple-minded take on it.
Old 11-05-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Except those who illegally settle the West Bank (and those supporting these settlements (e.g., Bibi's coalition)), assassinate a Prime Minister (Yitzhak Rabin) for seeking peace, murder 29 and wound 125 Muslim worshippers in the Cave of the Patriach in Hebron (Bibi's National Security Minister hangs the mass murderer's portrait in his office), and engage in provocative, intrusive protests on the Temple Mount, among many other indignities.

For a person who knows so little about the realities on the ground in Israel and environs, you sure do have strong opinions about matters there. It's far more complicated than your simple-minded take on it.
For someone who touts their knowledge of the Middle East you present an extremely shallow, one-sided view of the history of Israel & it's Arab neighbors since the 1940's.
Old 11-05-2023, 12:15 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Ike's mind is the most linear -- and wrong -- that I've seen on any subject in a long time.

As for what I said regarding 9/11? I've been here a long time, go take a look. Sum? I'm not a hypocrite.

Israel has been the Middle East bantam rooster, propped up by the US, since 1948. Their meddlesome nature in the geographic area, as a country, as well as ongoing illegal settlements generated resentment and death of citizens. Who saw that coming? [eye roll]

That's what caused 9/11, too. As it turns out? The US acted the fool in response. Same thing with Israel, now.

The United States should not support Israel unconditionally, ever. Hell, we don't support CA, UK or AU unconditionally. I have no idea why anyone might think we should: that's idiocy. Let's see what the metaphorical chihuahua does without the pitbull at it's back. My thoughts on the universal support of what is, essentially, a NATO reservation?

"Never again," unless Israel stops swatting flies with Buicks because they can. That's not the action of a mature nation or one that should be lauded in any manner.
Old 11-05-2023, 12:38 PM
Admin

Closed.

Re-opened after a suitable cooling off period. I strongly suggest that any member who thinks that they can run roughshod over other members because they don't like their opinions regarding this subject? Take that shit to another forum. The namecalling stops here. There will be no more warnings before the bannings begin.

Last edited by bobabode; 11-07-2023 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:16 AM
Admin

I've re-opened this thread. Please read the post above.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:14 PM
Jigsawed

Rajoo's question relating to the $14 billion is a reasonable one.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

I find it interesting that so many of you want to keep dragging the situation in the West Bank into the discussion about the war in Gaza. The situations are completely different. Whether you hate Bibi enough and whether I hate Bibi enough for you isn't even the point. The point is that there were no settlements in Gaza after August 15, 2005...almost 20 years ago. There were no blockades, and the border restrictions were less stringent...perhaps even reasonable depending on one's biases. Palestinians in Gaza had their own state. But the terrorism never stopped. And when Gazan Palestinians decided they wanted a vile murderous terrorist organization to constitute the government of their State in 2007 (Gaza it had been their state, under their control since August 2005), that's when the Israelis and the Egyptians decided they couldn't tolerate a bordering rogue state under the control of terrorists without significant protections. Thus the joint Israel/Egypt blockade. Reckon why the Egyptians get a pass from you and from Hamas?

So if you want to talk about the "settlements" issue, how's about you start a new West Bank thread and I will make my argument for why the West Bank is never going back under the control of any country or state besides Israel. If I were an Israeli Jew and not a bastard Irishman Jew adoptee, a decision by the Knesset to turn the control of the West Bank over to Palestinians, or Jordanians (who the Israelis took it from in 1967...not any Palestinians) would be causing my head to burst into flames.

PS - any suggestion that Netanyahu and Ben Gvir directed Yigal Amir to murder Rabin is Israeli radical left wing political propaganda. Amir is Israeli Mizrahim...headcases who consider themselves to be the only real Israelis. The accusation that Netanyahu ordered the murder of Rabin is like accusing Nixon of ordering the murder of JFK. Bullshit propaganda.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:11 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
For someone who touts their knowledge of the Middle East you present an extremely shallow, one-sided view of the history of Israel & it's Arab neighbors since the 1940's.
Extremely shallow, one-sided: Kindly explain/expand.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I find it interesting that so many of you want to keep dragging the situation in the West Bank into the discussion about the war in Gaza...
I was responding to your assertion that "Israelis just want to be left alone." Their actions on the West Bank (and Bibi's acquiescence thereto) belie that profoundly uninformed comment. There are now over 500k illegal settlers on the West Bank and these settlers are becoming increasingly violent towards Palestinians there, risking significant further escalation.

https://www.economist.com/middle-eas...-the-west-bank

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...ans-rcna123311

Quote:
PS - any suggestion that Netanyahu and Ben Gvir directed Yigal Amir to murder Rabin is Israeli radical left wing political propaganda. Amir is Israeli Mizrahim...headcases who consider themselves to be the only real Israelis. The accusation that Netanyahu ordered the murder of Rabin is like accusing Nixon of ordering the murder of JFK. Bullshit propaganda.
I made no such suggestion. I was just pointing out that the last Prime Minister who actually took concrete steps toward peaceful coexistence in a 2-state solution was gunned down by one of his own countrymen for his efforts.

In this country, people like you love to play the anti-Semitism card whenever anyone criticizes Bibi, his policies, his far right coalition partners, or the illegal settlers/settlements, notwithstanding the fact that 80% of Israelis believe his cynical policies vis-a-vis Hamas and the weakening of Israeli intelligence and military resulting from his attempted judicial coup helped set the stage for the current Gaza violence. I have been critical of Bibi for years before this latest blow-up.

Your emotions far exceed your grasp of the situation there.