Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:33 AM

the hellish horror of pet food, is this true??!!!

i recently found out that in some brand name pet foods they use by-products from slaughterhouses, like the eyes, bone, hair, balls, teeth, etc. of cows and what not, but euthinised pets from shelters?!!

****taken from,
http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Your-...ogs?&id=507228

In Los Angeles alone, two hundred tons of euthanized animals including dogs are delivered to rendering plants on a monthly basis. Almost seven million dogs and cats are killed in dog pounds each year. Many of these end up at rendering plants.

Having been injected with Phenobarbital to kill them, this toxic chemical remains in the dog as her carcass is rendered for addition to commercial dog food brands found in many large retail chains and markets.

So your dog will be eating other dogs when you fill her bowl with kibble or canned dog food. Not only is she eating her own so to speak, but she is also getting a daily dose of diseased animal parts and Phenobarbital, a euthanizing agent.

some smaller rendering plants suposidly this ingredient menu.

These plants have found a steady source of "material" to render in euthanized dogs from dog shelters.
These dogs have been killed and arrive at the rendering plant in a plastic bag, often with their collar and tag intact.In Los Angeles alone, two hundred tons of euthanized animals including dogs are delivered to rendering plants on a monthly basis. Almost seven million dogs and cats are killed in dog pounds each year. Many of these end up at rendering plants.

Having been injected with Phenobarbital to kill them, this toxic chemical remains in the dog as her carcass is rendered for addition to commercial dog food brands found in many large retail chains and markets.

So your dog will be eating other dogs when you fill her bowl with kibble or canned dog food. Not only is she eating her own so to speak, but she is also getting a daily dose of diseased animal parts and Phenobarbital, a euthanizing agent.

so whay do you think? real shit? or someone out there on the web trying to smear dog food companys? whats your input?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Loyal Opposition

I question the credibility of someone posting an unedited article with a link to a site selling a book.

If this is true, however, should we regulate the production of dog food?

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Soylent Green is people.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I question the credibility of someone posting an unedited article with a link to a site selling a book.

If this is true, however, should we regulate the production of dog food?

Regards,

D-Ray

Sad, but the do use animals as pet food after they have been put to sleep. Our local vet burns his though, unless it's a cow or horse as they are to big.

Far as regulating anything, store bought food is regulated but some tell me that chicks are given a growth hormone shot that helps them grow into a full size chicken in a couple weeks. When I hear about how big the kids are these days, I often sit back and wonder about the chicken that some buy in stores.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Area Man

I have a friend who works in a plant that makes dry dog food. He says it's made mostly of vegetable matter, principly corn. Any meat used is always as listed on the bag. Chicken, beef, or lamb. I believe him, he's a stand up guy. But, that's his company and their product. That's not to say that they all do the same.

I can say this, however. Working in the food industry, there are some pretty strict federal regulations about what goes into our food. And my company also follows these rules to the letter. The FDA comes around and inspects twice a year, plus our customers periodically hire independent inspectors to come and make sure we're compliant.
So, I tend to believe that if anyone is putting tainted meat into your pets food, they are doing it on the sly, and stand to face heavy penalties if they get caught. And, I believe pet food falls under the FDA jurisdiction as well. I can research that and find out.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-05-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Resident octogenarian

There was a flap a while back about some crap from China getting into some pet foods. The canned Friskies and dry Purina Naturals we feed our ferals were not among the companies using the Chinese product.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:42 PM

Here.

Raw Materials
The primary ingredients in pet food are byproducts of meat, poultry, and seafood, feed grains, and soybean meal. Among the animals used in rendering are livestock, horses, and house pets which have been put to sleep. The National Animal Control Association estimated that each year about 5 million pets were shipped to rendering plants and recycled into pet food during the 1990s. They are generally listed as meat or bone meal in the ingredient lists.

Read more: How pet food is made - making, used, processing, parts, components, product, industry, machine, Raw Materials, The Manufacturing Process of pet food, Quality Control.

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-2/Pet-Food.html
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Non-issue:

http://web.archive.org/web/200804301...I/DFreport.htm
Old 02-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Uh huh.....

Dave
Old 02-05-2011, 06:27 PM

Why should anyone care what they put in pet food?

I say let the pet food companies go for it.