Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-07-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
As I was informed by a member on this forum, back when Obama uttered his lie of the year for 2010 (You can keep your doctor): "So what? Politicians lie. Big deal".
So Trump not to be outdone by Obama came up with his own, "I won, but the election was stolen from me".
Old 11-07-2022, 10:42 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
As I was informed by a member on this forum, back when Obama uttered his lie of the year for 2010 (You can keep your doctor): "So what? Politicians lie. Big deal".

That said, much of what gets characterized as a "lie" by today's left is simply saying something they disagree with. I can't read the WaPo article since it's behind a paywall, but I'm not inclined to put much stock in it, since WaPo itself has a history of not quite telling the truth.
Actually, its history has resulted in dozens of Pulitzer Prizes and it becoming the gold standard for political reporting in this country. Maybe you should pay for a subscription and read it. You'd be far better informed than you are now and wouldn't lead with your chin so often.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Leave it to you to draw an equivalency between Biden's 9 misleading statements over the last month to Trump's 82 lies in 2 days.
Leave it to you to...do what you usually do. Trump is prone to hyperbole and exaggeration. To call these "lies" is itself an exaggeration. You're determined to make a "thing" out of Trump's "lies" because...well...you apparently have nothing to cheer about.

On the other hand, it's probably much harder to catch Biden in a "lie" when his opportunities to speak are limited and tightly scripted. Even so, here's a non-comprehensive fact-checking of what has come out of Biden's mouth. As you can see, most of his utterances barely make it to the "half-truth" level.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Actually, its history has resulted in dozens of Pulitzer Prizes and it becoming the gold standard for political reporting in this country. Maybe you should pay for a subscription and read it. You'd be far better informed than you are now and wouldn't lead with your chin so often.
Pfft. No thanks. I'll pass. If I want to read about a swamp, I'll take out a book on the Everglades.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Trump is prone to hyperbole and exaggeration. To call these "lies" is itself an exaggeration.
Wow. You truly are a cultist.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:09 AM

Then by extension Trump is not a liar because he never tells the truth?
Old 11-07-2022, 11:13 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Pfft. No thanks. I'll pass. If I want to read about a swamp, I'll take out a book on the Everglades.
Translation: Ignorance is bliss.

So in Whell's Bizarro World, the WashPost lies and Trump tells the truth. You're are one delusional mofo.

Last edited by finnbow; 11-07-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:16 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Leave it to you to...do what you usually do. Trump is prone to hyperbole and exaggeration. To call these "lies" is itself an exaggeration. You're determined to make a "thing" out of Trump's "lies" because...well...you apparently have nothing to cheer about.

On the other hand, it's probably much harder to catch Biden in a "lie" when his opportunities to speak are limited and tightly scripted. Even so, here's a non-comprehensive fact-checking of what has come out of Biden's mouth. As you can see, most of his utterances barely make it to the "half-truth" level.
To say Trump lies is an exaggeration? Damn, son, you need help. Exactly how is saying he won the 2020 election an exaggeration and not a lie?
Old 11-07-2022, 11:20 AM
Ready

Quote:
To say Trump lies is an exaggeration? Damn, son, you need help. Exactly how is saying he won the 2020 election an exaggeration and not a lie?
Because he exaggerates. He doesn't just say he won, he says it was a landslide!

This is a blatant example of Whell trolling and/or playing his game. No way he can in good faith insist that Trump doesn't speak with reckless disregard for the truth, and lie constantly.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:32 AM

Whell, this should be your signature line.

Quote:
Trump is prone to hyperbole and exaggeration. To call these "lies" is itself an exaggeration.
So how about all the lawsuits that Trump is facing as a result of his lying?
Should they all be dismissed?

One thing I am sure of though is that he is lying about his net worth considering he is fleecing his ardent supporters to finance his lifestyle. Or squeezing his partners to give up their shares for naught.