Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The Dems terribly undermined their argument when they used another member of the Clinton team.
Yeah, the one who learned her political chops from her rich Republican daddy and Barry Goldwater............
Old 12-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
The question is not what does it mean to be republican or democrat. It is what does it mean to be conservative or liberal?

I went to the gun range this morning. It was an interesting experience. I go usually during the week mid day and it is kind of quiet. Today it was packed at opening.

Here is something that jumped out at me. Almost everyone there had trucks. Most of the truck were very loud(exhaust) and extremely flashy. They were lifted, oversize wheels. extra chrome and bug guards and tinted windows and ......... In a nut shell, they were trucks with attitude. Lets move onto the drivers. They were much the same. T-shirts and hats with strong messages. Most had some sort of camo or military look. If not they were darker colored clothes. Here again attitude. I kind of stood out like a sore thumb. Blue jeans, light colored polo, kakhi jacket and a bone stock f150. When I got into the range every person I saw was sporting either a massive handgun that was essentially black, or a tactical style rifle. Where was the old blued and walnut? My rifle was a vintage stevens .22lr, blued and walnut, some scuffs scratches, but an excellent shooting rifle. The few people who stopped to talk to me gave me the courteous "nice rifle" and moved on.

So what conclusions can a person draw from this? Probably not a lot, at least not definitively. I assume a large percentage of these folks were republican. BTW - the name of the range is "Bluecore Shooting center"

To me being conservative means having savings accounts, keeping the old truck running, spending money only when you need to, being quiet and reserved in your speech. It means taking a little bit slower approach to life.

Being liberal was more like what I saw today.

Just made me think about how much people have changed over the last 30-40 years.

So thoughts?
I'd say you are conservative/frugal, but not a Conservative.

Last edited by nailer; 12-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
In short, liberals welcome change and conservatives are frightened by it (and arm themselves accordingly).
Plus one!

Barney