Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:09 PM

I think the freedom to burn a flag and not be thrown in jail is one of the best things about America...it shows we are truly democratic and value the First Amendment.
I think in Russia it might be against the law to burn their flag...
Old 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Dude! California has the fifth largest army (or is it economy?) on the planet. I think we should unite with the other contiguous west coast states and form our own country! Cascadia forever! We're damn sick of carrying all those moocher red states, particularly the biggest mooch per capita, Alaska.
I'm a little crazy that way...
I know the numbers keep getting posted when the who carries who comes up, but I'm still confused. I know a guy that had to leave CA because he and his wife went broke. His wife worked for the state and had been waiting quite a while for a paycheck. They packed up and moved to Smyrna TN. I can't understand a state with a great economy driving people away.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I can't find it online, but to paraphrase Royko, 'who needs an amendment when a punch in the nose works just fine?'

Pete
Old 07-15-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Thats good that folks are staying calm across the nation for the most part. Except one place over on the west coast were the news showed our flag being destroyed and windows being busted out. I thought California was all about piece signs?
Piece signs?

The things you read about the ones trying busting stuff up and trying to loot are coming into SF and Oakland, not residents. It is not good news marketing so they probably don't say that all. Just street punks looking for a thrill is all.

Did any of you guys hear about the drunk homeless guy the BART cop shot to death rather than use his taser? They tried hard to hush that up after the BART cop shot the guy in the back who they had face down on the ground?
Quote:
Surveillance footage shows officer who fired fatal shots had a Taser on his belt, but did not reach for it
by Zusha Elinson — July 21, 2011, 7:10 p.m.5

Twenty-five seconds after getting off a BART train, a BART police officer shot and killed Charles Hill, newly released surveillance video reveals. The officer had a Taser on his belt, but did not reach for it before firing his gun, the footage shows.

The video, which BART released Thursday, is the first known recording of the July 3 shooting. Hill never appears on the video.

The footage shows one of the police officers shooting at something off-screen as passengers board a BART train at the Civic Center station.
https://www.baycitizen.org/news/bart...seconds-after/
It really is best to not fully trust any TV channel news where they have to sell commercial time.

Carl
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I know the numbers keep getting posted when the who carries who comes up, but I'm still confused. I know a guy that had to leave CA because he and his wife went broke. His wife worked for the state and had been waiting quite a while for a paycheck. They packed up and moved to Smyrna TN. I can't understand a state with a great economy driving people away.
That was all Arnold, we got Jerry now. It is like night and day the difference between the two. Arnold cut, cut, cut to give corporate tax credits out. Lots of state programs and education especially were trashed under Arnold.

Carl
Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Admin

Quote:
No offense but you need to look around beyond beautiful Smyrna. It is a nice place from what I've heard. Isn't that where they filmed 'In The Heat of the Night'?

Seein' as to how we are one of the few states who have a balanced budget and recently posted a surplus? (like the U.S. federal gov't just came up with a surplus, unexpectedly.) We're doing better these days but still have a long way to go with getting a job for everyone needing a job. Your friends ought to consider coming home since we are on the road to recovery. No small thanks to Gov. Jerry 'Tightwad' Brown and a supermajority in our senate and state assembly, of Democrats.
Can you tell I'm proud of my birthstate? I still think we should secede from the rest of the U.S. Then we can add a righteous tariff to all that Walmart and Dollar Store crapola that is strangling U.S. workers. We could even start a foreign aid program from the import duties charged. Call it the California Marshall Plan for America.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I still think we should secede from the rest of the U.S. Then we can add a righteous tariff to all that Walmart and Dollar Store crapola that is strangling U.S. workers.
+1

Carl
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
+1

Carl
Cascadia!!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 PM

Sucession is a bad idea....if we leave then the Virginia Maryland and DC nexus of the Military-Government-Industrial Complex will get ALL the spoils and stimulus
Old 07-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I prefer the State of Despair

Pete