Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2015, 04:14 PM

If all this is implying the world will blow up when the Repubs go public re Hillary batting for the other team, I think 80% of the country knows that. It doesn't bother me.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Aside from the politics..... And from a parental viewpoint...... What were they thinking that they didn't do right by their children during this family crisis ?!

The victims should have had the proper support and the perpetrator should have suffered the proper consequences.

And those that helped them cover things up that were mandated reporters should be prosecuted.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Aside from the politics..... And from a parental viewpoint...... What were they thinking that they didn't do right by their children during this family crisis ?!

The victims should have had the proper support and the perpetrator should have suffered the proper consequences.

And those that helped them cover things up that were mandated reporters should be prosecuted.
Yeh, but they're God-fearing Real Americans.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yeh, but they're God-fearing Real Americans.

I know, I know, Finn.... Makes me crazy that people are so idiotic. We didn't come by our children easily and I can't imagine, as a parent, not doing all I could for them in a crisis.

Wonder what other skeletons are in the closet in that household.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I know, I know, Finn.... Makes me crazy that people are so idiotic. We didn't come by our children easily and I can't imagine, as a parent, not doing all I could for them in a crisis.

Wonder what other skeletons are in the closet in that household.
If they (and other Right Wing "family values" folks) didn't hold themselves up as paragons of virtue, I'd say it would be a private matter. As it is, I'm OK with them wallowing in their own hypocrisy.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:48 PM

I wonder what the parents of the babysitter that was molested think about the "situation"....
Old 06-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Another "Family Values" hypocrite.

continued
what is a Josh Duggar?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Banned

My clinical experience and I dare say, that of the great majority of my colleagues is that political affiliation has very little to do with the quality of parenting.

Some of the most for shit parents I've ever run across, personally or professionally were liberal Democrats.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
My clinical experience and I dare say, that of the great majority of my colleagues is that political affiliation has very little to do with the quality of parenting.

Some of the most for shit parents I've ever run across, personally or professionally were liberal Democrats.
Granted but I believe the factor here is their professed 'Christian Family Values' a bad case of do as I say not do as I do. In my first marriage we could not have children so we adopted, fortunately that was in Canada as the adoption racket here is just crazy. I guess I try to model myself after my Dad, he was a gentle-man, just don't mess with his family or you would have more trouble than you can handle.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Granted but I believe the factor here is their professed 'Christian Family Values' a bad case of do as I say not do as I do. In my first marriage we could not have children so we adopted, fortunately that was in Canada as the adoption racket here is just crazy. I guess I try to model myself after my Dad, he was a gentle-man, just don't mess with his family or you would have more trouble than you can handle.
Between you and me Rob, I tend to avoid anybody who's working too hard at pimping their personal philosophy, regardless of the orientation.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-06-2015 at 12:51 PM.