Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I think it depends upon who the candidate picks as a running mate. Having Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency with a crotchety old fart like McCain in office would have been a scary proposition.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I think it depends upon who the candidate picks as a running mate. Having Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency with a crotchety old fart like McCain in office would have been a scary proposition.
Right! Anyone remember McCain's running mate? Oh yes, the ditz from Wasilla.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 04-26-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Right. A good example why mental acuity is an important consideration regardless of age.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/25/politi...tml?c=politics

Is age a critical factor when considering a presidential candidate?

Nope!

I'd trust someone who's got experience and some life lived. I really think 35 might be to young.

Barney
Old 04-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
That was what finally chased me away from McCain. His campaign was already going down the toilet, IMO. But, when he dropped the gang plank and invited the Moron Militia aboard ship I was done with it.

Dave
Old 04-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
That was what finally chased me away from McCain. His campaign was already going down the toilet, IMO. But, when he dropped the gang plank and invited the Moron Militia aboard ship I was done with it.

Dave
I'll always remember that it was done right here in Dayton, OH. At a place called the Nutter Center.

You couldn't make it up.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I do not think it matters as long as she or he is healthy. Reagan was pretty old and McCain is obviously capable of leadership. In this age if infirmity becomes an issue we will see it almost immediately.

If either Hillary or Biden run I think they will have a younger running mate. I would not be surprised if Hillary just does one term. And women last longer than us men
Palin was a silly move for McCain, IMO. But during the ballgames we had many of good conversations on the bleachers in 08 about our choices. Most of them told me the only reason they didn't support McCain was that he was a POW and it probably took years off his life, so at the age he was already they didn't believe he would hang on 4 more years and Palin wasn't ready for the job. I agree that if he had been elected and died in office we woulda had to cross our fingers that Palin didn't turn out to be a joke.. except Mr. McCain is doing better health wise than those people thought. He's lasted long enough to be through half of a second term had he been elected.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Area Man

I never really considered his POW history as a negative. But, come to think of it such a traumatic experience could leave someone with serious issues other than physical health. A president must be fully prepared to deal with all sorts of different cultures objectively. Even former enemies. Could McCain have met with Communist Asian leaders in China or Vietnam on a diplomatic level without incident? Perhaps, but I'm not so sure.

Dave
Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I never really considered his POW history as a negative. But, come to think of it such a traumatic experience could leave someone with serious issues other than physical health. A president must be fully prepared to deal with all sorts of different cultures objectively. Even former enemies. **Could McCain have met with Communist Asian leaders in China or Vietnam on a diplomatic level without incident?** Perhaps, but I'm not so sure.

Dave
That is a good question, and my answer would be your guess is good as mine. It could ( possibly ) spark a silent anger that could lead to a bad decision if a serious matter was at hand.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
I never really considered his POW history as a negative. But, come to think of it such a traumatic experience could leave someone with serious issues other than physical health. A president must be fully prepared to deal with all sorts of different cultures objectively. Even former enemies. Could McCain have met with Communist Asian leaders in China or Vietnam on a diplomatic level without incident? Perhaps, but I'm not so sure.

Dave
David many presidents have done that.