Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Good Question

Posed by d-ray657
Quote:
So is evil inherent within a person, or is it learned?
Personally I'm not sure if evil is the term but I do think some people have wires crossed in their brains and have no concept of right or wrong or even if they do they just don't care. In these instances I'm all for whatever it takes to prevent their genes from remaining in the pool.

Ted Bundy would be a great example.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
Posed by d-ray657

Personally I'm not sure if evil is the term but I do think some people have wires crossed in their brains and have no concept of right or wrong or even if they do they just don't care. In these instances I'm all for whatever it takes to prevent their genes from remaining in the pool.

And sometimes too much current is applied to those crossed wires to cause them to misfire. In other words, I'm one of those who believe that how people turn out is a combination of nature and nurture. Some people are able to overcome difficult circumstances to not only succeed, but also contribute in life. Some who have all of the advantages and the best-intentioned parents head down a bad path in life.

This doesn't even take into account those who grow up with all of the advantages and grow up to be just as greedy as their parents, but that's for another political discussion.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
Posed by d-ray657

Personally I am of the camp that believes 95% or greater (science currently attributes 90% of who we are to our genes, 10% to environment) of who we are is in our genes. That being said when I comes to sociopaths I know they can be created through environment. In any event a sociopath is never good for society and at best causes havoc on a small scale so that they never make the papers.
These actions are not in the genes.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

This doesn't even take into account those who grow up with all of the advantages and grow up to be just as greedy as their parents, but that's for another political discussion.
The "entitled" mentality.

This is the biggest problem in this country, IMHO.

Bush boy will go down in history as the first great "entitlest," people who are blinded by wealth and luck into believing they have earned things that have fallen to them.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Resident octogenarian

I remember one political cartoon that had dubya running through the house slamming doors. Momma said "Let him have his way or he will keep on slamming doors."