Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:20 PM

California floods

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58...b094a129eb64f0

Husband and I drove to Sacramento today and saw lots of flooding in the flat lands. Both rivers were as high as the road and spilled over. Took hours to get through.
Saw where a train left the tracks and landed in the river.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...jured-45421814
Old 02-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Admin

Serious storm headed to NorCal on Monday.

‘Excessive rainfall,’ flooding threatens Central and Northern California

"Historic if not unprecedented amounts of rainfall have fallen over parts of the northern half of California this winter. Between Sunday and Tuesday morning, a new blast of torrential rain raises the specter of a serious flooding event in the region.
The San Francisco, Monterey, and Sacramento regions are all at risk of “excessive rainfall” and “rapid onset flooding,” the National Weather Service said.
Widespread rainfall totals of two to five inches are likely along the coast and at low elevations. In the mountains, four to 10 inches of rain are likely. Rain will change to snow between 6,000 and 8,000 feet, and several feet may pile up in the highest terrain.
The heaviest rainfall is expected in the San Francisco Bay area Sunday night into early Monday, during the day Monday around Sacramento, and late Monday into Monday night in northeast and east central California along the Sierra Nevada range.
Because of all of the recent precipitation, the ground is saturated and many streams, rivers and reservoirs are at capacity.
“Recent storms have left the region highly vulnerable,” the National Weather Service office serving the Sacramento area warned.
The Weather Service said locations that frequently flood during heavy rain events at risk as well as those that “haven’t flooded in a long time.” WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0ef48712ae09
Old 02-20-2017, 01:59 AM
Mutated Member

Here across the pond is somebody keeping his fingers crossed for a happy ending!!!