Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Wasn't that the one that had a '55 Olds 4-door hardtop as part of the story ?
I think so.

It had everything dear to a Southern boy's heart, big '50 American road hog car, driven by a lovable cornpone huckster wearing a cowboy hat, loaded down with big titted floozies, driving from beer joint to beer joint playing country music...even had a Rebel Flag!!!

Just couldn't overcome the ham acting and mindless script. I tried to watch it, I really did, but even I have certain standards when it comes to entertainment.

Chas
Old 05-08-2010, 12:07 PM

...An' believe it or nutz, that LAST post of mine ain't exactly off topic...'55 Olds...An' Teddy's infamous car at Chappaquiddick was a '68 Olds, so there...(grin)
Old 05-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
...An' believe it or nutz, that LAST post of mine ain't exactly off topic...'55 Olds...An' Teddy's infamous car at Chappaquiddick was a '68 Olds, so there...(grin)
Least Burt kept her between the lines!!!

Chas
Old 05-08-2010, 05:39 PM

I must be missing something, I don't see where Truth is THAT far out of line. At least, not to the point of receiving the personal insults laid on him.

I'll now take my place under the bridge.

Chas
Old 05-08-2010, 07:36 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I must be missing something, I don't see where Truth is THAT far out of line. At least, not to the point of receiving the personal insults laid on him.

I'll now take my place under the bridge.

Chas
For true, and funny at the same time! Way to go Chas.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
For true, and funny at the same time! Way to go Chas.
Why thank you JJIII.

BTW, it's good to see that all of you Tennessee boys present here have survived the deluge.

As I live about 20 miles from the Missouri River, I remember the '94 flood. The best I remember, the only passage across the river from Kansas City to the Cape was I70, and the roadbed across the bottom was sandbagged to keep it from being washed out. When you drove across, the water was level with your windshield.

Absolutely devastated a lot of scenic little river towns that had survived for over a hundred years. I can appreciate what folks down there are going through.

Chas
Old 05-08-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Wouldn't know what it's like to have personal insults laid on me. Must be rough.

Well, here's what I think, since you asked. We have folks here I can disagree with and yet talk to. But when we get this "yeah, if you're against the war in Iraq than I guess you're fine with ignoring murders" crap I don't see much point in having a discussion. Really, don't see much point in someone like that posting in a forum at all. There's clearly no interest in discussing anything. Just spewing nonsense. If I have to explain why there are reasonable people who could be against the war in Iraq we have work to do to get to square one. Then to come back a couple of posts later and yack about "we gotta get the spending..."

Um, okay, glad there was no "spending" in Iraq. And glad the folks who drug us over there under false pretenses didn't figure out any way to pay for it. We're really delving into some interesting stuff now. Yawn.

Like I said, I'm kinda testy right now, so don't put much stock in what I say. Chas, I'll jaw with you about issues all night. Bring Pete along and you guys can double team me. I'm fine with that. You're willing to listen to an argument and consider it. When you inevitably disagree with me you'll at least try to do it in some ostensibly logical manner.

Now, if you're defending this Truth character, you must think it's okay to shoot puppy dogs in the head. Is that it? Are you a puppy dog head shooter or do you agree with me?

Last edited by Fast_Eddie; 05-08-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Wouldn't know what it's like to have personal insults laid on me. Must be rough.

Well, here's what I think, since you asked. We have folks here I can disagree with and yet talk to. But when we get this "yeah, if you're against the war in Iraq than I guess you're fine with ignoring murders" crap I don't see much point in having a discussion. Really, don't see much point in someone like that posting in a forum at all. There's clearly no interest in discussing anything. Just spewing nonsense. If I have to explain why there are reasonable people who could be against the war in Iraq we have work to do to get to square one. Then to come back a couple of posts later and yack about "we gotta get the spending..."

Um, okay, glad there was no "spending" in Iraq. And glad the folks who drug us over there under false pretenses didn't figure out any way to pay for it. We're really delving into some interesting stuff now. Yawn.

Like I said, I'm kinda testy right now, so don't put much stock in what I say. Chas, I'll jaw with you about issues all night. Bring Pete along and you guys can double team me. I'm fine with that. You're willing to listen to an argument and consider it. When you inevitably disagree with me you'll at least try to do it in some ostensibly logical manner.

Now, if you're defending this Truth character, you must think it's okay to shoot puppy dogs in the head. Is that it? Are you a puppy dog head shooter or do you agree with me?
Well Ed, you're right... you are kind of testy right now.

Aint' no big deal, I've been there a time or two myself.

And I don't want to come across like the owl headed cocksucker... but you're punishing yourself.

I'm not playing some "gotcha" game, you're making yourself miserable, just quit doing it.

Pay attention to what you're telling yourself. You're telling yourself you're not happy. Tell yourself you're how lucky you are. Change your train of thought.

Look at it like this. You have a damn good job, you live in a beautiful city, no doubt you're under a lot of pressure, probably most of it self induced...but look around.

There are millions of people with nothing, and no hope. They aint' got shit.

Just calm down an get your mind right. Once you realize that you're nobody or nothing, as I did, life becomes easier.

Reminds me of a story I read about Eddie Rickenbacker, back when he WAS somebody.

He showed up for an appointment, when he arrived there were a bunch of jackleg assholes in from of him tying up traffic.

So he pulled up a chair.

After a while it came his turn. When he told them who he was it was a "OMG, why didn't you SAY something!!!"

He basically replied, "Your were busy."

I've tried to emulate Edie Rickenbacker every since. And if I catch myself thinking bad thoughts (and I love it as much as the next guy), I try to force myself to think good thoughts.

Kind of like quitting smoking...it sounds so simple.

Take care, and quit punishing yourself...you don't deserve it. Make youself happy, it does require no more effort. At least not much more, only being aware of your thoughts.

Chas

PS: I have shot puppy dogs in the head , for money. I finally told the gutless bastards to kill their own dogs.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:24 PM

Like Col. Ollie North says, "We can disagree, without being disagreeable"... Lotta truth in that, even if you DESPISE Col. North...
Old 05-08-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Like Col. Ollie North says, "We can disagree, without being disagreeable"... Lotta truth in that, even if you DESPISE Col. North...
I agree Sandy...Jugears E. Newman has even said a few things I agree with, just can't remember what!!!

Chas