in keeping this site going.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I did. I voted for Bernie.

Think about that.
Think about what?

Who are these liberals who just voted for Trump?

Last edited by nailer; 04-27-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Where did I not acknowledge flaws?

I rejected his condemnation. Much different.

For starters, you can't admit that he peddles hatred.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
you are seterotyping.

This is true of the Palin crowd but not of liberals like me that do not condemn his candidacy. Lot's of us out there. Look at last night's results for confirmation.
No, I'm not. And Trump is still getting half of a third, or a sixth, of the vote.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
For starters, you can't admit that he peddles hatred.
Is pandering to people's hatred the same as selling hate? Many Trump supporters think not, it's just a means to an end. However many others do which helps explain his negative numbers.

Last edited by nailer; 04-27-2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
you need you to engage in the conversation. These witticisms share nothing but disdain. I thought that was the domain of the Trump supporters?

Does anyone here really think I am not capable of being cutting and flippant?

Is this forum just a spot to vent and act like the hated Trump supporters while messaging one another... offering each other dispensation because their hate is founded in virtue?

You realize that is what many are doing, right?
And you need to stop telling people what they need to do.

Last edited by Boreas; 04-27-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:28 AM

Trump supporters are basically an angry confused lot professing their preference for Trump without really being able to explain why. For that matter Trump himself is not able to articulate why he wants to be or what he will do as President. I am great, I am best, I will make America great again passes for campaign speeches and anyone pointing out how ridiculous Trump is and will be as President, is a Trump hater.

Simply a tried and true GOP tactic that the Trump supporters have co-opted along with violence, a mark of uncivilized behavior and thuggery. Remember, he has promised riots if he is not the nominee.

For a supposedly highly successful guy, he sure whines a lot.

Last edited by Rajoo; 04-27-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Not being unreasonable.... I'm " telling it like it is" 😉

Your blind support of Trump is evidenced here in this thread. You won't admit his flaws and you hold him to a different standard than those that don't support him.

That you are also open to supporting other candidates doesn't really matter on this issue. You are still blind when it comes to Trump.
He isn't blind. He acknowledged most of Trump's flaws and then dismisses them as unimportant or performance art.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Translation: racism is ok as long as I nor my family is not the target.
And therein lies the evidence that close-mindedness is stifling legitimate discourse. Since when does "non-PC" = racism? Answer - it does not. Its more often than not a legitimate difference of opinion. But since some folks - typically those on the "PC" side of the argument - are not tolerant of differences of opinion, they demonize.

S0, suggesting that we need to get a handle on illegal immigration - even if it means barring entry of individuals who hail from parts of the world that are openly hostile to the United States (hmmm...wonder if that needs to include Saudi Arabia now..?) might make some sense. Its exactly the type of policies that are under consideration in European countries right now, so why shouldn't the US also consider better protection of our own borders? Is it racist to suggest that we need to examine our border enforcement / illegal immigration issues? Absolutely not.

When Trump calls ILLEGAL aliens murders and rapists, is this racist? Well, its not exactly PC to say it the way Trump said it. Doesn't make if false, though. Texas, for example, tracks data on arrests and convictions of illegal aliens:

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/admini...Conviction.pdf

Certainly appears to be some "murdering and raping" going on according to this data. Is it "racist" to point out that illegal immigrants, many of whom are "non-white" like Trump, are engaging in "murdering and raping"? Nope. It appears to be a factual statement.

Is this a higher or lower rate of criminal activity compared to the overall US population? I'd suggest that this is difficult to ascertain, because while the US gov't can and does deport illegal aliens with criminal backgrounds in their home countries, the US can't "deport" individuals with criminal backgrounds who are citizens. This may tend to skew the comparisons a bit.

However, here are some interesting numbers CNN put together:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/08/politi...igrants-crime/

You can cherry - pick this a bit, and I'm sure some will. Here's one that jumps out at me:

"73,665
The number of inmates in state and federal prisons who are not U.S. citizens, according to the latest prison population report from the Bureau of Judicial Statistics. That's about 5% of the total prison population."

Estimates put illegal immigrants at about 3 - 3.5% of the US population. Since the US government has the ability to deport illegal immigrants with criminal records - and the effect this would likely have on "stacking the statistical deck" in favor of the illegal immigrant population - the 5% prison population seems a bit larger than it should otherwise be if illegals committed crimes at the same rate as US citizens. Is it "racist" to make this observation. Nope. Its an opinion that is supported by an examination of the available data.

Does this suggest a bias that all illegal immigrants are individuals who are predisposed to be criminals, and are predisposed as a function of their "non-whiteness"? Nope, not even close.

Is the Mexican government "sending" its "criminals" across the border to the US, or "emptying its jails" and sending the "criminals" to the US? I have no idea, but weird things do happen from time to time:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...near-us-border

There are individuals, including Trump, who suggest that this is exactly what the Mexican government is doing. I seriously doubt that the Mexican government would admit to doing this even if they were, so we may never know for sure. Does it make one a "racist" to speculate about this? Hardly.

But be close-minded if you must. Its a free country and its your God-Given right to be....

Oops. Didn't mean to make a religious reference. Sorry.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:56 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
And you need to stop telling people what they need to do.
so I should instead reply in vitriol?

Taking the high road assertively rubs you wrong John?

It shouldn't.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Trump supporters are basically an angry confused lot professing their preference for Trump without really being able to explain why. For that matter Trump himself is not able to articulate why he wants to be or what he will do as President. I am great, I am best, I will make America great again passes for campaign speeches and anyone pointing out how ridiculous Trump is and will be as President, is a Trump hater.

Simply a tried and true GOP tactic that the Trump supporters have co-opted along with violence, a mark of uncivilized behavior and thuggery. Remember, he has promised riots if he is not the nominee.

For a supposedly highly successful guy, he sure whines a lot.
I am surprised someone could believe this.