Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:49 PM

Oh, Dear God...I was forced to attend my 1st cousin's Gala Christmas Pageant at her private school about 10 years ago...EVERY grade had their own Glee Club-K-12- & MOST of them had separate boy's & Girls' choirs. After they got in the middle grades, say 6 or so, then they started having "Special" choirs. Sitting watching other people's children sing-Often badly-"Have Yrself a Merry Little Christmas, Angels We have Heard on High, O Come All Ye Faithful", et al ad nauseum, umpteen times would EASILY make me confess willingly to Chit I didn't even do...Plus, as is often the case in these things, they had the heat cranked in there to "Sonoran Desert", since it was after all Christmastime-I think it was 55 or so outside....But its "Winter", God help us if some dowager Emperess grandmother-who was also the primary benefactor of the school-got a slight chill, sitting there listening to her little precious grandaughter warble poetic about Sweet Widdle Jeebus Boy, & who stood to inherit half of West Knoxville someday. The holidays are often as much to be ENDURED as enjoyed, I think...
Old 12-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Resident octogenarian

They start playing carols the day after Thanksgiving on some stations, guaranteed they will repeat, repeat, repeat.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I wish they'd come up w/some NEW carols-Its worser than listenin' to a "Classic Rock" station...Arrrrrrgh !
Simply.. having.. a wonderful Christmas time....

BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Oh, Dear God...I was forced to attend my 1st cousin's Gala Christmas Pageant at her private school about 10 years ago...EVERY grade had their own Glee Club-K-12- & MOST of them had separate boy's & Girls' choirs. After they got in the middle grades, say 6 or so, then they started having "Special" choirs. Sitting watching other people's children sing-Often badly-"Have Yrself a Merry Little Christmas, Angels We have Heard on High, O Come All Ye Faithful", et al ad nauseum, umpteen times would EASILY make me confess willingly to Chit I didn't even do...Plus, as is often the case in these things, they had the heat cranked in there to "Sonoran Desert", since it was after all Christmastime-I think it was 55 or so outside....But its "Winter", God help us if some dowager Emperess grandmother-who was also the primary benefactor of the school-got a slight chill, sitting there listening to her little precious grandaughter warble poetic about Sweet Widdle Jeebus Boy, & who stood to inherit half of West Knoxville someday. The holidays are often as much to be ENDURED as enjoyed, I think...
Sandy, I getcha but I went to my 6 year old granddaughters recital this year, they didn't do ONE SINGLE 'American' carol, just a bunch of new age crap. I heard many guys complaining about it. You think 'Jingle Bells' is bad you should hear the nonsense.

Pete
Old 12-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Area Man

Well, Christmas Eve sucked. I was alone. But I spent most of Christmas Day around a bunch of drunken Scotsmen/Scotswomen. That was fun. Especially when one of the ladies asked, "So when does your nyew health plan tayek eeffect?" Someone said, "Hopefully, never! Then we'll end up just like Scotland!" She replied, "At thot ya should be jumpin' fer joy, Laddie!"

At the look on their faces, my fellow Americans that is, I almost fell out of my chair.

Dave
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Scots are usually delightfully outrageous aplenty when sober-I can only imagine how much fun it'd be if one found oneself in a gaggle of Drunk Scots...The obvious solution would be to get as Snockered as they were-as soon as possible, too...