Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-03-2023, 07:33 AM
Banned

This morning the editorial board of the New York Times released an opinion written by Senior Staff Editor John Guida. In it the editorial board addresses the most recent indictment on the 1/6/21 insurrection...

Quote:
The criminal justice system of the United States had never seen an indictment of this magnitude.
And...

Quote:
Of all the ways that Trump desecrated his office as president, his attempt to undermine the Constitution and overturn the results of the 2020 election, hoping to stay in office, remains the gravest.
And...

Quote:
The bedrock test of every president “to honor the peaceful transfer of power through the free and fair elections that distinguish the United States.” As the indictment says, until 2021, this process “had operated in a peaceful and orderly manner for more than 130 years.”
NYT - The Indictment

Worse than the classified documents offense they say. My concern is that this case may be harder to make for a jury than the stealing of the records, and the obstruction of refusing to return them.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-03-2023 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Worse than the classified documents offense they say. My concern is that this case may be harder to make for a jury than the stealing of the records, and the obstruction of refusing to return them.
I don't know Ike. We haven't seen the evidence Jack has yet. I wonder if the GQP will wait until the trial(s) start or try before then to wipe that section of the Fourteenth Amendment that would prevent TFG from holding office again off the book. After all, if his miserable hide gets convicted a lot of them will be looking for employment in the private sector as well.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:26 AM
Banned

So...indications are that some of Trump's lawyers, the late comers, are telling the deranged orange shitgibbon that his best, possibly only, defense is to throw the old lawyers, the one's who told him he was safe to go ahead and conspire/organize/carry out an insurreciton, under the bus.

Trump plans to blame his lawyers for January 6th

It's the "I'm too stupid to know the difference between right and wrong" defense from the guy who said "I'm a very stable genius."

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-03-2023 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-03-2023, 01:17 PM

Blaming his lawyers does not sound like a good defense when the indictment states all the reliable lawyers and advisors that told him that there was no voter fraud and and to stop the big lie.
Old 08-03-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Blaming his lawyers does not sound like a good defense when the indictment states all the reliable lawyers and advisors that told him that there was no voter fraud and and to stop the big lie.
He went advice shopping for lawyers, but he had claimed way before the elections that if he loses, it can only be through fraud and these are from his public statements. He cannot hide from that and his current lawyers are hoping to brainwash potential jurors.

The 9 most notable comments Trump has made about accepting the election results

Quote:
Sept. 13, during a Nevada campaign rally

“The Democrats are trying to rig this election because that’s the only way they’re going to win,” he said.

Aug. 24, during his Republican National Convention acceptance speech

“The only way they can take this election away from us is if this is a rigged election,” Trump said.

Aug. 17, at a rally in Wisconsin

“The only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged, remember that,” Trump said. “It’s the only way we’re going to lose this election. So we have to be careful.“

“The only way they’re going to win is that way, and we can’t let that happen.”
Old 08-03-2023, 04:06 PM

Trump pleads not guilty to election charges

Yes, its a fake picture but its for a worthy cause. Lock up the SOB Loser.
And this one is real.

Old 08-03-2023, 04:28 PM
Admin

Hillary and Bill Clinton must be rolling on the floor, laughing their asses off at the sight of the scowling Flaccid Pumpkin at his arraignment. The walls are closing in on the traitorous scum and his co-defendants.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:26 PM
Admin

'History must record Trump's plan for a nationwide 'Kent State' massacre' RS
Op/Ed by Thom Hartmann

"Although it’s generally only mentioned in passing in the mainstream media, there are two particularly chilling passages in Jack Smith’s indictment of Trump.

Both, to my mind, invoke Kent State, but on a much larger scale.

With that crime, you’ll recall, on May 1, 1970, Ronald Reagan called students protesting the Vietnam war across America “brats,” “freaks” and “cowardly fascists,” adding, as The New York Times noted at the time:

“If it takes a bloodbath, let’s get it over with. No more appeasement!”

Four days later, on May 5, 1970, Reagan got his bloodbath at Kent State University when 28 National Guard soldiers opened fire with live ammunition on an estimated 3,000 student protestors.

Over a mere 13 seconds, nearly 70 shots were fired. Jeffrey Miller, Allison Krause, William Schroeder and Sandra Scheuer were killed, and nine others were wounded. One of the dead, William Schroeder, was shot in the back, as were several of those injured by gunfire.

The murders at Kent State shocked the nation, and, I remember well, caused many of us in the antiwar movement to reconsider some of our tactics. That was the year the Weather Underground, an SDS offshoot willing to using violence, began to pick up membership in a big way.

Now imagine if the plan Trump, Eastman, Giuliani, Powell, Chesebro, and Clark laid out had succeeded." RS

continued here https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-kent-state/

This old former Yippie/SDS member would've been out in the streets hobbling about with my cane raising hell.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
He went advice shopping for lawyers, but he had claimed way before the elections that if he loses, it can only be through fraud and these are from his public statements. He cannot hide from that and his current lawyers are hoping to brainwash potential jurors.

The 9 most notable comments Trump has made about accepting the election results
I think the strategy is Roger Stone advised.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:36 PM
Admin

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-arraignment/

I'm with Rick Wilson on this. Cheers!