Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Griping...

I have an Echowars (dude from AK who lives nearby) restored Sansui G9000DB and two Klipsch Cornwalls that have not been hooked up in over a year due to lack of space.

FUCK.

That is all.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LOL! You're lucky still though, Glenn does great work!

You were just talking about perspective? I've been playing cds through my blueray player -> tv speakers. I need a box of wine daily to improve sound quality and forget my miserable existence

Pete
Old 01-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
LOL! You're lucky still though, Glenn does great work!

You were just talking about perspective? I've been playing cds through my blueray player -> tv speakers. I need a box of wine daily to improve sound quality and forget my miserable existence

Pete
If you're space challenged, you can find computer speakers real cheap at the thrifts. Usually better than stock TV speakers.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Area Man

Right now, I'm listening to John Williams classical guitar on FM through the bedroom system.

Magnum Dynalab indoor ribbon antenna.

Luxman T310u tuner, rebuilt and calibrated by Terry Dewick.

Luxman L309 integrated amplifier.

ADS L710 speakers.

Dave
Old 01-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Area Man

Zeke, maybe you should get rid of your bed. That would free up space. A sleeping bag can just be rolled up and stuck in the corner.

Priorities, my good man. Priorities.

Dave
Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
If you're space challenged, you can find computer speakers real cheap at the thrifts. Usually better than stock TV speakers.

Regards,

D-Ray
I'm working equipment challenged Even my backup receiver died a slow, horrible death. Sure, use vintage gear they said. You'll get great sound on a budget they said. You'll love it they said. On the plus side the dead components make very good doorstops.

You mean use the 'puter speakers with built in amps? That's a great idea as the TV has no amp'd outs and the speaks on my computer are fairly good, and have a little sub. I might try it tonight! If I have the correct adapters. I probably do, time to break out the misc crate, thanks.

I've got the Infinities just sitting there on both sides of the TV grr. Soon though, very soon.

Pete
Old 01-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I have an Echowars (dude from AK who lives nearby) restored Sansui G9000DB and two Klipsch Cornwalls that have not been hooked up in over a year due to lack of space.

FUCK.

That is all.
Need some headphones? PM me.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Area Man

A Sansui 9000 and Cornwalls? It just occurred to me what a powerhouse set up that is.

You don't need a bigger living room, you need a blimp hangar.

Dave
Old 01-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
... you need a blimp hangar.

Dave
And some Zeppelin dude!

Pete
Old 01-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I'm working equipment challenged Even my backup receiver died a slow, horrible death. Sure, use vintage gear they said. You'll get great sound on a budget they said. You'll love it they said. On the plus side the dead components make very good doorstops.

You mean use the 'puter speakers with built in amps? That's a great idea as the TV has no amp'd outs and the speaks on my computer are fairly good, and have a little sub. I might try it tonight! If I have the correct adapters. I probably do, time to break out the misc crate, thanks.

I've got the Infinities just sitting there on both sides of the TV grr. Soon though, very soon.

Pete
This is why I started building my own. I like DIY, but I got sick of constantly fixing, or paying someone else to fix, ancient gear that just keeps effin' up. I love the old stuff, but sometimes you just want to listen to some tunes without having to worry something is going to go claws up on you.

Dave