Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Now, you're gonna look like a Mafia lawyer, Don. Hmmm, there are ties between the Mafia and organized labor, isn't there (in NYC anyway)? I smell a rat (or maybe that's the body in the trunk of the Benz).
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Now, you're gonna look like a Mafia lawyer, Don. Hmmm, there are ties between the Mafia and organized labor, isn't there (in NYC anyway)? I smell a rat (or maybe that's the body in the trunk of the Benz).
No, the wife will be a Mafia nurse. Although, in long term care, dead bodies become available from time to time, I think the only smell in the trunk was from bringing the dirty laundry home.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It's Hoffa LOL!

Pete
Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Loyal Opposition

According the Edmunds, the market value for this one is a small fraction of the 400SE, but it certainly is a better ride than a 1990 Cutlass Calais with a leaky radiator, bad tires, bad brakes, and a bad transmission - or an '03 Intrepid with no engine.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-15-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
According the Edmunds, the market value for this one is a small fraction of the 400SE, but it certainly is a better ride than a 1990 Cutlass Calais with a leaky radiator, bad tires, bad brakes, and a bad transmission - or an '03 Intrepid with no engine.

Regards,

D-Ray
What model is that?
Old 04-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
What model is that?
'94 S320.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Loyal Opposition

Drove the Mercedes today for the first time since we brought it home. It has a cassette deck rather than CD. I didn't have any cassettes with me for the drive back from Oklahoma, but I put in some Dire Straits on the way to work, and Lionel Hampton on the way home. That has to be the cleanest car sound system I have heard. Dire Straits probably gave the sound system a leg up, because they are so well produced, but the Lionel Hampton sounded even better. It sounded like a set of vibes was in the car. I'm gonna have to find some more excuses to listen to the system, er . . drive that car. Also gonna have to hurry up and get the belts changed on the Nakamichi to put together some more driving tunes.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

BAM!

Anyone see the new small Chryslers' commercial? I'm not a fan for what they are now calling the '200' series (probably the old sebrings etc?) but I love the tag line:

'Imported from Detroit'.

Pete
Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
BAM!

Anyone see the new small Chryslers' commercial? I'm not a fan for what they are now calling the '200' series (probably the old sebrings etc?) but I love the tag line:

'Imported from Detroit'.

Pete
We love the new advertizing that the Big Three are doing, it is about time.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Got anything for '91 Pontiac 6000 wagon? My weather stripping is shot.

Thanks,
John
Sorry John, I don't know how I missed it! This looks interesting, maybe give them a call (I've never used them): http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/199...herstrip-seal/

Is the LE or SE? 3.1 or 3.6? I wouldn't mind one of those.

D, a win for the lowly cassette! There are still lots of them at garage sales. CR2 blank tapes are hard to come by around here though.

Here's the closeout link for your MB:

http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclef...l=en&html=true

Brake pads won't be a problem lol.

This is a current 5% off code (enter in 'how did you here of us' box), good till 6-19-11: 54561054529966

I finally have some decent tunes in the 85. A little while back I installed 8 ga fused power from the battery to the trunk, and ran a 5 line RCA cable from the back of the stereo to the trunk (with another small line for amp trigger). I already had ran 2 speaker wires trunk to dash.

I got this ambitious because I scored a super nice set of 6-1/2 component speakers for next to nothing ($60). 'Clif Designs', a hopeful high end car audio company that went bust a few years ago. Nobody really knows about them so auction prices are low. The crossovers on the set are finer than many decent home speakers!

My car has speakers on the doors and dash, so the woofs into the doors and the tweets nested in the dash. They replaced cheap pioneer coax in the doors and infinity reference 3-1/2s in the dash (the pioneers sounded just awful, the infinities very harsh).

Because I really didn't want to go nuts (and my ears are too darn old for thumping/volume) I picked up a couple of little Teac NOS 15 watt rms amps for $10 ea.

My first impression was very smooth but perhaps a little bass shy. So when I got the chance / had the $ I picked up a pair of Clifs' TOTL 6 x 9 to replace the budget triax Kenwoods in the back (which I hated). Quick installed them yesterday. $85 delivered!

NOW we're cookin' with gas! I'm still getting the hang of the bass setting (have to learn how to set the eq on the head unit!), and I think I'm going to try covering the tweets on the rears just to see, but it's actually a pleasure to listen to. Particularly the CD player. And there is a little bit of thump if I want to mess around I think now I'll get an old Denon or Halfer 4 channel car amp, more like 40 or 60 wpc rms, with the wiring in installation would be a snap. Good gravey EVERYTHING snowballs.

The seller (who I don't know etc) has a couple pairs of the 6 x 9s if anyones interested, PM me.

Also changed out the rear springs. It was sagging a little even though the springs were new, so I picked up a set of cargo coils off a station wagon. The thickness is over 5/8"! A little stiffer ride but it sits right.

Should be doing the timing chain soon, my 13 year old nephew is going to help

Pete